PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a scare

jo61
13-11-10, 17:17
Not sure this is the right thread. Haven't been on here for yonks but decided today to come back. Yesterday I went to the doctors with a supsected blood clot in my leg. It's in my family. He sent me straight to hospital to have it investigated. Three hours later having had blood taken by a hca who left much to be desired, examination by a doc, they realisied they couldn't get me in for a scan so I have to go back Monday! What a palaver. Also I have to inject myself over the weekend, each one is like a nasty bee sting :( If it is a clot, these will stop it growing. Fed up

ElizabethJane
13-11-10, 17:27
:bighug1:Jo I'm so sorry. I have no experience of this but it must be very frightening for you? Hopefully you will get your scan on Monday and the correct treatment? Sending hugs EJ.

sammi
13-11-10, 17:33
Sending you :hugs: sorry your going through this x

suzy-sue
13-11-10, 17:37
jo im sorry to hear this how awful for you ..My sons partner had to do this for a week .It is very scary but the drug Warfarin thins the blood so prevents further clotting .Try not to worry i know its hard not to .But they wouldnt have sent you home if it wasnt safe .I hope you get your problem sorted on Monday .Take care and let us know how you get on .luv Sue x:bighug1::weep:

jo61
14-11-10, 11:17
Thanks everyone, much better today so reckon the trip to hospital tomorrow will be a formality - hope so anyway. Things have been so good for me this past 6 months, I suppose something had to come along to burst the bubble :D

margaret jones
14-11-10, 11:57
Hi jo sorry you are having to wait till tomorrow for your scan but look how well you are handling things :).
Dont let this little (prick ) the needle burst your Bubble xxxxxxxxxxx