PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Slowed Down / Vertigo

Anabell
13-11-10, 18:26
Hi
I've been doing OK for the past couple of weeks - facing up to the panic attacks and trying to keep away from Google and accept that what I have is HA rather than cancer/MS. The past three days have been hell though - not sure what has triggered me but I'm in a constant state of panic and having bad panic attacks when I'm out of the house.

The main thing seems to be a feeling of slow motion - like I'm stalled and not moving as fast as usual and my head/mouth feel numb and in slow motion too. I'm trying to be logical and not worry that it's a stroke or brain issue but it's making me so stressed and upset.

I just feel dizzy and like I have vertigo then I feel like I'm on slow-mo. Does anyone else get this?

PanchoGoz
13-11-10, 19:13
Hmmm I sometimes hear sounds in slo mo when I'm stressed and it triggers panic. So for me, yes its anxiety and a rather strange symptoms that goes of its own accord as you feel better.

Anabell
13-11-10, 22:07
Thanks for that :)

I've had the slowed sounds feeling before with that sense of depersonalization but it seems to be different lately. I don't feel out of myself or depersonalized just like I'm moving through treacle... I guess it is the anxiety but it's new so I've been worried. Cheers for replying.

crazyhayz
13-11-10, 22:41
Yes i used 2get this, mostly when i had bad DP attacks. x

Anabell
15-11-10, 13:15
Thanks for the reassurance - it's not too bad today but making me so paranoid.