PDA

View Full Version : Can it be the time of year?

gav
13-11-10, 20:19
Hi, I've been on citalopram since January after finding myself in a major hole last autumn. I've been doing really well but just in the past 2 weeks I've been having noticeable relapses, nothing major but just those anxious feelings, tiredness, nausea etc. I was thinking that maybe it could be down to the time of year and the dark evenings? Over the past 10 months there have always been days where I've felt a bit rundown, but this is a more sustained set of symptoms at the moment. Does anyone else feel that the season could be a catalyst in some way?

paula lynne
13-11-10, 21:06
Hi Gav, Ive been on a strange low since the clocks changed?!...just feel more run down than usual..or tired..or fed-up...or something?! x

PokerFace
13-11-10, 23:08
My Grandad always gets really depressed in the Autumn/Winter, every single year for as long as he can remember! I guess it works with anxiety too cuz I havn't been feeling too peachy since the cold dark nights started and I usually LOVE them. Autumn and Winter are my favourite seasons but this year I'm hating it. =/ xx

manx_kitty
19-11-10, 15:43
Hi Gav

My depression and anxiety always seems to reappear at this time of year (hey im a poet) I don't cope well in the winter at all,i hate the dark nights and horrible weather.

I have invested in a SAD lamp,not really sure if its doing much but im willing to give anything a try.

becky000
24-12-10, 13:15
I wonder if it's the weather or just a certain time of the year that ones brain relates to an anxious time and then get's into a bad habit of producing anxiety at the same time year after year.
I live in South Africa where we have sunshine right through the Christmas Season and yet I always feel bad at this time, very anxious even when there's nothing to be anxius about - year after year.