PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram - Positive post!

ISLASMUMMY
13-11-10, 22:37
Its early days yet (Day 6), but I wanted to let anyone know who is concerned about starting these meds that I started the first few days really low (5mg), and then the last couple of days at 10mg.....and so far

NOT ONE SIDE EFFECT !!!

The most I could say is a tiny bit woozy....but I was feeling that due to anxiety so I cant really blame the drug!

I really didnt want to start these because of fear of side effects, so please take a chance on them....you just never know!!

If youre concerned....then start low!

Lisa x

NoPoet
13-11-10, 22:40
A desperately needed post confirming that not everyone who starts using citalopram will have any side effects! Thanks Islasmummy :D

Dizz
13-11-10, 23:36
I have mentioned on a few threads that I had to come off them after 3 days... but if anyone has read my recent posts and now reads this one please don't be put off by what I said as I'd just like to add that I was put straight onto a high dose of 30mg.

So stick with them and start low like Islasmummy says :)

missy007
13-11-10, 23:43
Hi Islasmummy

I was on citalopram for about 18 mths and found it to be the most effective for me. I was eventually on 40mg - the only side effect for me was loss of appetite - but the main thing is -it worked - stay positive and be strong.

:hugs:

sammi
14-11-10, 00:09
Hi I was on citalopram last year started on 10mg up to 40mg eventually they worked brilliantly for me. The only side effects for me were increased anxiety/feeling sick and loss of apetite but when they kicked in they really were effective. I'm having a blip at the min after not been on meds for a while my dr has put me on cipralex he says its just like citalopram but the newer version. Good luck with the meds hope they work for you like they did me x

Spudz2010
14-11-10, 07:49
I'd just like to add to this that i've also started taking this (4th tab 30seconds ago) and i too am pretty much side affect free. I've had a few issues getting to sleep (takes bloody ages) but since i was like this well before starting i don't think it related since it hasn't got worse.

Doc started me off on 10mg since my size (skinny midge) usually causes any meds to have more of an affect on me.

I'm avoiding reading lists of side affects and bad early day stories to help keep my mind clear, trying to concentrate on the positives and so far so good.