PDA

View Full Version : alcohol = bad anxiety

shaggyowen
14-11-10, 05:19
iv been much calmer recently since being on my i think 4th week of taking fluoxetine 'if that's how you spell it?' anyway as if felt a lot better i though id treat my self to a drink.. with was a bad idea i had only had 3 pints of cider on Friday night but slept all Saturday and felt really really tired and week and i just put it down to not drinking in a while and then felt anxtious 2nyt but it was my girlfriends sister's 18th so draged my slef out of bed went down to hers and there was loads of people there drinking and haveing a laugh but anyway i said i want drinking cuz i felt like shit but then felt better when we was down the pub so though right its only my anxiety makeing me feel badso though id have a cider and that ended up being 2 lol but yeh now lyeing in bed i havent ate much at all 2day but tryed forceing my self to eat something and now i have heart/chest pains and feel so scared im gonna pass out and die or something i know alcohol make me bad but i ust need some reasureing unless something is really wrong with me i just feel really anxtious but i have no reason to is this normal with anxiety anyways? like i dont really know why i feel worried i just am beside me feeling a bit funny atm :wall:

paula lynne
14-11-10, 08:59
Hi Shaggyowen, hope you are ok now.
Alcohol + meds + anxiety dont really mix....maybe have 1 pint instead of 3. Its obviously effected you in a bad way. A lot of peole give it up all together, as the day after is so terrible. Im sure there is nothing seriously wrong, youve just experienced how alcohol and anxiety interact......take care x

sam_lowry
14-11-10, 15:50
Hope you feel better soon.

I know that when I have bad anxiety, alcohol can have a bad effect on me. I usually feel OK when drinking but wake up in the night with palpitations, and this leads to worse anxiety the next day, I really have to watch how much I have. Heavy caffeine consumption is a similar thing that I need to avoid, at these times also, so I switch to herbal or rooibos tea.

All the best.

Lou31
14-11-10, 19:37
Anxiety and alcohol really don't mix with me either. I'm always very wary of drinking when i'm going through bad phases cos i know the booze is like an invitation to the panic attacks. :weep:

sammi
14-11-10, 19:48
Hi.

This is why I don't drink I was never a big drinker but liked to let my hair down occasionally
Drinking was fine the next day was horrendous though panic/anxiety. So I choose not to drink now x

fairyqueen
14-11-10, 20:11
Hey Shaggyowen - I hope you're feeling better now - I have been feeling like that this week - a few of the nights I shared a bottle of wine with my husband and woke up in the wee hours feeling panicy/suicidal and thinking I was gonna die. The problem is my anxiety peaks in the evening and when I put the children to bed I think to myself - I'll unwind now with a glass or 2 of wine! Its never any more than 3 glasses a couple of nights a week and I love love love red wine but I'm starting to think that its just not worth it - especially as it seems to make the hangovers so much worse! Having a hangover after 2/3 drinks is crazy but I guess thats what happens when you're on meds!
I probably havent been very helpful but just wanted you to know you're not alone in feeling this way. :)

dread
14-11-10, 23:10
I used to be able to drink like a fish when I was on low doses of Citalopram- but once I out the dose up it just made me freak out...and being UTI when suffering an attack is the worst feeling ever...I would strongly advise against!

shaggyowen
15-11-10, 01:04
hi im feeling much better just being silly yeh i stoped drinking for months cuz of it but i though why not things change but they didnt lol still felt really bad lol iv decided im just not gonna drink i can just about do 1 pint and feel good so i guess thats all its gonna be but tbh i dm it saves me LOADS of money and is much more healthyer as i dont smoke as well =] cheers every 1 thanks for the supporst :yahoo:

swinton
16-11-10, 18:25
hi, i myself used to drink a lot and its definetly a bad idea to drink when suffering with panic attacks sometimes i think that the panic atttacks are somewhat caused by alcohol withdrawl, my own panic attacks now come on anytime of day or night in any situation i have tried loadsa different meds including the dreaded seroxat and still no improvementim at my wits end what to do next as its affecting my personal life, 1 min im ok the next having a panic attack thinking my hearts about to give up the ghost and as for sleeping ive only slept 3 hours in two days, i ask the doctor for something to help and all he says is if you are tired you will sleep, im close to giving up as everywhere i turn nothing seems to help i hope somebody has some advice on what to do as it is now making me more depressed. PLEASE HELP AND GOOD LUCK TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER.

paula lynne
16-11-10, 22:04
swinton it might be helpful if you started a thread of your own, as this will give everyone a chance to read it then x