PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex 20mg Not Working for me

MysticalParadox
14-11-10, 08:28
Hey,

Ive been on citralopram for 2-3yrs and it just dident work anymore..so i was put on cipralex 20mg a day and now have been on it about 4-5 months..forst 5 days i really felt good but now i dont do nothing but lie in bed pleying on the pc all day..my flat is a mess and i havent even got the energy to shower!!i hate the way i look and i dont wanna go out!! what will they put me on next??why do i keep gettin used to the pills??
Anyone else been on 20mg dose?
thanks

MysticalParadox
14-11-10, 15:21
PLEASE!!someone else must be feeling it aint doing anything!!im feeling ao desperate and lonely right now!!:weep:

sammi
14-11-10, 15:24
Hi hun I've been on cipralex for a month 5mg the last two days I've gone up to 10mg I have no energy tired all the time anxiety is worse and I've got some scary side effects going :hugs:

suzy-sue
14-11-10, 15:33
Citalopram and Cipralex are more or less the same drug .Cipralex is purer so meant to be better .I would say you need to have something as well or have your medication completely changed .There are loads of different ones and different combinations .Dont give up hope .Have you been having any kind of therapy or councelling to help with your problems ? as drugs alone wont cure you ,they are just part of the recovery and the two work hand in hand .Book an appointment to see your Dr and im sure you will be ok once your meds have been reviewed .Take care luv Sue x

MysticalParadox
14-11-10, 15:51
Thank You so much for ure replies.

I was on citralopram for 4 yrs and they stopped working and i started acting like before i was on them (scratching my wrists,pulling out my hair,hitting things (including fracturing my wrist and cutting up my hand hittin ga mirror)
I have sudden uncontrollable out bursts of rage that usual end up in me injured.
Im scared that now these are not working i will start again..i felt the urge 2 weeks ago to rip my hair again but told my fiance so he could calm me and he has to literally hold my hards tight so i dont do it...i want me back again..dealing with life smiling and laughing with bright eyes..I WANT HER BACKKK!! I have been to psychiatric nurse twice and psychiatrist once , am seeing the pshychiatrist on the 23rd of this month and i so hope he will find something to help.

annitsa
02-12-10, 21:33
You think that they don't work but they do! I am on my 4th time back on cipralex with different dosages each time and all the times worked for me perfectly. It is very rare case of stop working if once has worked for you!! Talk to your schrink about it and you will see that he/she will tell you the same thing. You have to believe that they are working for you. You have to believe that you are getting better otherwise you are not helping yourself. I am on my 4th time trial of getting off the med and I still believe that if I need again treatment my cipralex is still there and it will work for me again!!
Try to believe!! please

brokenari
02-12-10, 22:00
Hi Mystical,

I hope the cipralex works for you. my partner started on 20mg 4 years ago pescribed by GP for just general anxiety/depression. before these he was moody, attention seeking-getting into fights just to prove a point, self harming angry angry all the time. the 20mg was helpful but he was still always tense. the GP put him up to 40mg after a year and because of the dark dreary autumn/winters we have in scotland. The he fell out with his family and became increasingly unhappy, he was also suffering from insomnia, the shakes, the sweats-soaked right through. so we scraped some money to together and I sent him to the Priory. The Psychiartrist there talked some things through with him and put him on 60mg with zopiclone at nights for a fortnight. doses are different for everyone, we thought the shakes were because he was on to much, but his happy medium is between 50mg-60mg. the gp has said once the weather has brightened up and he take more exercise he can drop down to 40mg. There are also many other types out there, I have been on sertraline and it was brilliant i could get out of bed and cope-although my sense of humour went out the window. Dont despair you will get there eventually x:D