PDA

View Full Version : A question for those who have acid reflux

Clairalou
14-11-10, 09:55
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if this gets a little long but I would like some advice please.
I had a sickness bug at the beginning of the week an spent 6 hours being violently sick. Since then I had this off and on feeling of burning and pressure in my chest and back. It was intermittent so I wasn't too worried then yesterday I had the same feeling constantly with this the constant feeling of needing to burp. I was quite worried and didn't know what to take to get it to stop so I made an appointment with the out of hours gp service who after a thorough examination told me I had reflux an the feeling in my chest was severe heartburn! They sent me away with some gaviscon and a perscription for lansopazole (sp?)
I've woke up this morning and it's still as bad as ever and I'm wondering if it's possible to have reflux constantly?
I'm trying not to worry or panic as I've been doing so well keeping my anxiety undercontrol since i started cbt!

Xxxx

dodo
14-11-10, 09:59
In a word, yes. After my tummy bug I had it constant for weeks. It is now coming and going. It's there all the time but the pain comes and goes.

sammi
14-11-10, 11:05
Yeah hun when my anxiety is bad I have the reflux constant. Plus you say you was sick for six hour? This would also cause some burning maybe. Lanzoprazole didn't take mine away straight away but keep at the tablets there really good :hugs: