PDA

View Full Version : (RE)Introducing myself.

belle
14-11-10, 15:31
Hi everyone.

I've been on this forum for a few years, but of late, not coming on so much, therefore, i am going to reintroduce myself, give you a bit of background because i'm having a really hard time at the moment.

Starting at the beginning. I became agoraphobic in 1998, whilst i was pregnant with my son. At one point of my life i was roombound, couldn't even go upstairs to the bathroom on my own and definitely couldn't be alone in the house. In 2002 i started making progress even to the point where i even bought a car, and could drive up to a WHOLE MILE ON MY OWN!!!!! (i'm being sarcastic). Then one day i suffered an awful panic attack after not having one for ages, then a few days later another, then another, until i became practically housebound again. I had slipped back into old habits. I was married in 2003 but last May my (ex) husband wanted a divorce because of my mentalness. Great! I was agoraphobic and alone, who was going to want me now? I was so low and contemplated suicide, even though, he was the most VILE MAN IN THE UNIVERSE. Non supportive, verbally/physically and emotionally abusive, every day of our marriage. Anyway...i met someone else. We've been together 17 months, and he helped me make progress. Up until he came along, i had 'ONLY EVER BEEN OUT WITH MY MUM SINCE MY AGORAPHOBIA STARTED'. The very first time i went out with him, i made it 100mtrs down the road, by July, we were camping and hour away! I can still hardly believe it. Fast forward to now. I've been really unwell for 6 weeks with chronic toothache and after i had it taken out i got dry socket and i think all the feeling like crap has taken a toll on my mental health as well as my physical health. Alongside that, it's winter, i HATE the dark AND it's germ season and being emetophobic (terrified of puking) i am NOT doing well :( Sorry it's so long....but....needed to get that off my chest ;)

Thanks x

diane07
14-11-10, 15:33
Hi belle

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paulst
14-11-10, 15:52
Hi belle, welcome back:)

Nigel
14-11-10, 16:37
Hi Belle,

Welcome back :welcome:

I do actually remember you from years gone by, but I don’t think I ever wrote to you. I drifted away too and have only been back here for a few months. Got my old job back too! :winks:

I had wondered how you were doing. Dunno why I remembered you, but think it was probably because a lot of your issues were shared by a good friend of mine. I must admit that I do read your blog from time to time. (And no, I’m not your mystery reader – don’t even have an iphone :winks: ). I think it’s because it’s a story with a happy ending, even though that happy ending is still being written.

Sounds like it’s been a horrid few weeks health wise, and I believe physical stress does effect our mental wellbeing and ability to cope emotionally in more ways than we realise. So I guess a bit of a wobble can be excused.

Plus it’s winter... :meh:

Take care :)
Nigel

sammi
14-11-10, 16:59
:welcome: back.:hugs:

paula lynne
14-11-10, 17:19
Hi Belle, welcome back x:welcome:

gaaron
14-11-10, 17:32
Hi Belle, I don't know you as I'm new but welcome :flowers:.
I think you've done marvelous!

belle
16-11-10, 10:35
Thank you all ;)

x

arsenal123
16-11-10, 11:18
Welcome back xxx

belle
17-11-10, 09:58
Thanks ;)

Kells81
18-11-10, 23:13
hi Belle

I remember reading posts from you in the past because I have emetophobia as well. i've just looked at your blog-wow you have come on so far-congratulations!
I'm sure your anxiety getting worse again is because you havent been well recently but you have beaten it before so you can do it again!
It is great to see someone who has come so far.