PDA

View Full Version : Pain in left breast

dodo
14-11-10, 23:10
For some months now I have had on and off - not frequently - a shooting feeling in my left breast, I have noticed it is mostly localised to my nipple and just under and over it sometimes.

I didn't pay much attention to it at first but of course I couldn't ignore it forever as is the way with HA.

I have had my breasts checked recently so I have the all clear there, but don't know whether heart pain would manifest in this way.

Everything I have read in the past has said that heart pain is never usually in the actual left side of the chest but I can't for the life of me work out what this is and it had happened quite a few times today.

It is fairly close to the surface I would say, as opposed to deep within my chest.

laurelrea
15-11-10, 07:21
Hello! I get this a bit randomly, well its not really random its normally about 3 or 4 days after i have ovulated and it lasts for a day then goes again. Apparently its "normal" and to do with your hormones. I only started getting it after i turned 30 and it was very disconcerting to begin with, not being a familiar feeling. And by disconcerting i mean i spent days googling the symptoms and being sick with fear of my pending death...but of course turned out to be nothing and my dr said not to worry about it. Hope that helps! :)

Lanesra
07-04-11, 22:36
This is exactly what I've been experiencing. It started off in my left breast so I started Googling hoping that 'pulled muscle' or 'eczema' would come up with no mention of breast cancer whatsoever but of course it blooming well came up!
After a week I went to the Doctor and he said it's nothing to worry about - he didn't check but asked if I'd checked myself (which I had and found no lumps) and asked me if I had any redness, discharge etc (which I hadn't).
It's been going on for about a month now on and off and I forgot about it due to all my other symptoms (thrush, bleeding from rectum - probably internal piles...lovely (!) and some colds in a short space of time) so I wasn't too worried about it but now I'm getting the twinges again quite badly in my left breast and the worry is coming back. I can't go to the doctor as I'm going on holiday on Saturday for nearly three weeks.
I'm hoping it's either my anxiety or the mini-pill I am on.
It sounds ridiculous but I almost will my left breast to feel the same (I've had the odd twinge here and there) so it reassures me that it's not a sudden onset of Paget's Disease...it's funny how we all seem to think we have despite it being such a rare disease!

I'm currently on Propranolol and hoping to start the CBT Programme online once I return from my holiday. This is so frustrating :-(

Vanilla Sky
07-04-11, 23:50
Sounds like a muscle strain to me

shoegal
08-04-11, 00:23
Hi. Well done for getting your breasts checked. The pain you describe sounds like a trapped nerve or pulled muscle to me. I get a lot of trapped nerves in my back and shoulders and they can cause very sharp shooting and stabbing pains all over my chest, back and shoulders. The pain isn't necessarily felt in the place where the nerve is trapped. It's also possible that your boobs are sore because of hormonal changes, although in my experience that is more likely to hurt when you touch your boobs as opposed to having random shooting pains. Try not to worry, it certainly doesn't sound like it's anything to worry about. :flowers:

katiep
08-04-11, 20:43
Hi

again i have had this and been told its hormonal, i also know a lot of other women who have the same and been told hormones!! hope this helps x

anitaa
05-05-11, 23:34
hi i have this and have had it for 2mths in exactly same place, i just want it to go and to feel normal again!lol ive had all the checks and im fine docs told me ive pulled my chest muscle? not sure how? thats why im on this site thinking the worst!lol

apparently it is commen and can take months to fully heal:shrug: