PDA

View Full Version : anxiety and sleeping

johnny2
14-11-10, 23:22
hi all, my wife has recently got over severe depression we thought she was on the way to full health again but now shes started to have anxiety attacks and it has knocked her right back down again, her company where she works are sending her to see a councillor to help her but i wanted to ask the people on this forum a question, my wife has started to sleep alot is this common ? is it her way of coping with it ?

gaaron
14-11-10, 23:44
Hi, oh dear yes sounds like me. When I was depressed I slept all the time (not proper sleep). Then low and behold once I became 'better' I started to have anxiety attacks (although there's a possibility they've always been there) I stay in bed because being with people exhausts me!

johnny2
14-11-10, 23:52
how did you get over the anxiety attacks ? my wife keeps thinking shes going to choke and is scared stiff i tell her time and time again that she will never choke and these attacks will never harm her but she never listens to me, it breaks my heart watching her suffer...............sorry to go on.............................