PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep

shortstuff
15-11-10, 02:36
Totally irrational, I know, but I am frightened of going to sleep. I've got that dreadful feeling that I or a loved one will die if I fall asleep. I've not had this for ages! My heart's racing, mind's in overdrive - freaking out :ohmy:

pinkpiglet
15-11-10, 02:50
Awww hun, I dont think anything I say is going to stop your thoughts but I just want to let you know that the chances of this happening are highly unlikely!! Everything seems so magnified in the middle of the night. Its a lonely and frightening place to be when anxiety is high but you are not alone. Have you actually tried having a warm milky drink and listening to some nice relaxing music??

daybyday
15-11-10, 02:52
Yes, warm milk is good to try. Helps sometimes. You can go to chat if you want to be in company of other people. A few people there.

josh21barnes
15-11-10, 03:28
I have been experiencing this problem to when I was a kid.
But whether you believe it or not prayer solve this problem for me.
I pray before I sleep and after I pray I had a peace of mind and I sleep well after I pray.

shortstuff
15-11-10, 03:49
I'm so exhausted, but just can't even close my eyes for fear! It's almost 3:50 am and I'm meamt to be up at 7 for work!

Nigel
15-11-10, 04:29
Hi Shortstuff,

I’m sorry your having a bad night. It’s getting late and I’m feeling tired and was just going to bed myself, so this might not make much sense when I read it in the morning, but anyway...

I think we both know that the things you’re worrying yourself about aren’t very likely to happen, are they? But the trouble is, there’s a part of your mind that doesn’t really know that. It’s a bit like a small child that doesn’t understand something. They need to be taught and reassured by a wise and kindly teacher... :winks:

Can you see where this is going...

I’m off to bed now.
See if you can teach that young child that everything is alright, then see if you can do the same.

Good night ..zZzz... :sleep:
Nigel