PDA

View Full Version : Valerian

nomorepanic
07-03-04, 20:43
I take Valerian at night - 3 tablets to help me sleep. They seem to help but do make me dream a bit but that is ok.

Anyone else take them?

Nicola

Rennie1989
07-03-04, 20:54
what r they nic???????????

jade

sarah
07-03-04, 20:59
guess you dont take them then jade??..lol

Rennie1989
07-03-04, 21:10
no, what r they

jade

nomorepanic
07-03-04, 21:50
A herbal remedy for sleep/relaxation Jade

Nicola

nomorepanic
07-03-04, 22:33
ok here is the low down ...

Valerian root contains the sesquiterpenes, valernon and valerenic acid which exert a central and muscle relaxant action.

It is not habit forming but should not be taken if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.

Not recommended for children under the age of 16.

Nicola

Meg
08-03-04, 19:07
I took them when I was acute. Good stuff and the tincture a sknock out drops to avoid panic .
Next step up from rescue remedy !

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Laurie28
15-03-04, 16:18
I heard someone describe them as natures valium the other day! Would you guys agree?

Lucky

paula im me
25-01-09, 10:40
hi all in answer to your question, i am taking valerian and after 2 days notice a huge change. i was so relaxed yesterday and only took 1 pill ie 500mg. but yes didnt have dreams but did keep waking up during the night which was hard cuz i never have problems sleeping xx but for the anxiety was amazing x

Trapped
25-01-09, 12:08
This is the one I take, but I take it during the day and it does help me with anxiety.

I get mine at Boots. Lichtwer Pharma brand, drs told me to get this brand as it is standardised, which means it is guaranteed to have the same amount of herb in each pill.

here is the link http://www.healthstore.uk.com/p57142/LICHTWER-PHARMA-Valerian-25-Tablets.html

phoennixxs11
12-02-09, 23:02
Is this safe with Sertraline? The more i read about this, the more i wish i'd have tried this before going on meds.

Vanilla Sky
12-02-09, 23:07
Do they really work for anxiety? If so ill be straight 2 boots 2morow!

mabelina
18-02-09, 14:31
Ive just been reading about this herb and it sounds amazing. My mother has just gone into town to buy me some. The stink is supposed to be horrific though:D

mabelina
18-02-09, 15:25
Ok ive just found out loads more info on this herb saying it causes bad palpitations?! Ive gone and bought it now :mad: :doh:

Lotte
20-02-09, 12:26
My sister had suggested I took valerian tea to help me sleep. Can valerian also be used in the daytime, for panic attacks? I am coming off of diazepam and have panic attacks throughout the day and wondered if valerian might help? thanks

valleybear
20-02-09, 13:17
Nicola
I used to take them years ago and found them helpful...are they OK to take with anti hypertensives? Probably fine, but just wondering 'cos I could do with some extra help at present. Cheers.

zaffordbeeblebox
31-05-09, 17:10
Hi..
Does Valerian work for anxiety..? i,m really considering trying them..i saw these capusles at the pharmacist called "kalms"..which have a 70% of valerian..is it worth a try?
would anybody recommend it?

suzy-sue
31-05-09, 19:57
Itook those when my anxiety was mild,they do calm you a bit and the night ones work ,but give some people an upset stomach.Worth a try I would say. Sue x

stephles
09-07-09, 16:58
I've tried Valerian tea before to aid sleep, it did the job for me. Just an alternative way of taking it - from what I remember though, it didn't taste too good.

MOJO
09-07-09, 20:15
I have seen valerian complex advertised. It has valerian,gentian, chamomile, skullcap, hops and ginger in. Anyone tried anything like this or have any idea as to whether or not is sounds like a good idea? I quite fancy trying it.

barrowcumbria31
15-07-09, 21:19
why shouldnt u take thm if your preganant?? it doesnt say not to on the back of mine!!?

ok here is the low down ...

Valerian root contains the sesquiterpenes, valernon and valerenic acid which exert a central and muscle relaxant action.

It is not habit forming but should not be taken if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.

Not recommended for children under the age of 16.

Nicola

tim73
17-07-09, 17:35
why shouldnt u take thm if your preganant?? it doesnt say not to on the back of mine!!?
Mentions it on the leaflet inside a pack of Kalms. Nothing specific, but just about not taking any non-essential medication when pregnant or breast-feeding. Best to ask a doctor I guess.

manic666
01-08-09, 09:39
valerian is a cool med .but dont do what i did .and thought more is best an finished with terrible s**ts

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter