PDA

View Full Version : lobotomy

bomberbeamish
15-11-10, 14:04
can you still get lobotomies done for panic and anxetiy, im sick of being like i am , i would rather be numb than affarid, or anyother medical treatment i can have, im argrophobic live in fear and have done for 13 years, i cant do it no more, ive hade hypno, counciling, meds, cbt about 4 times, nothen is working, im scared to be on my own, im sick of it.
pls help

Mamfa85
15-11-10, 14:20
hi i feel the same i wish there was something to numb out the anxiety,i ask the doctor all the time they just laugh and say cheer up,i hate being alone to and keep getting people to sit with me or my mum to stay the night i just dont function well on my own i have two daughters i try and keep as normal as possible for.

bomberbeamish
15-11-10, 14:35
i know the feeling, i try and keep normal for the girls, but im agrophobic, cant take them out, so other people do, and they take youngest to pre school, i hate them not here, ive kept my oldest one who is 13 off school befor cause i dont wanna be on my own

ElizabethJane
15-11-10, 19:26
Hi Bomber I don't think that many lobotomies are performed these days. The advent of anti psychotics put paid to these being performed. They were widely performed at the beginning of the last century until the fifties to control such illnesses as schizopherena and psychosis.The success of this operation was a bit hit and miss(scuse the pun) Some people were permanately and severely disabled after such surgery. I understand your despair and I suggest that you talk to those people who are interested in your mental health who might be able to suggest something less drastic. The chances of you getting a lobotomy these days are virtually nil. EJ.

jillyb
15-11-10, 19:32
I asked the same question of my cbt counsellor!!!! I was only joking, of course, but I know how you feel! Anxiety is a miserable thing, that's for sure. But you are not alone .... just keep coming on here and you'll see there are loads of us, and that'll be just the tip of the iceberg! At least we have each other! Just keep battling .... I am determined to get the better of it cos I am so fed up with it. Talk to your gp again and ask for some more help. Take care xxx