PDA

View Full Version : Awaiting MRI Results - Reassurance needed!

StillyKat
15-11-10, 16:21
Hi everyone,

I posted last week about the fear of brain tumours. Ive always been a headcahey person, getting them for about 15 years (im 25 now). recently I have developed quite bad Health Anxiety and brain tumor is one of my fears. I have been increasingly anxious this past year and been suffering more with headaches, however recentlly I have had a sore (not really stiff) neck, pressure all over my face and head, pain behind my eyes, blurred vision occaisionally and just a general foggy not really there feeling. My doctor wouldnt give me an MRI so I got one privatley, and am waiting results. The neuro wasnt going to give me one however, I pretty much begged him - he seems to think its a mixture or tension headaches and migraines, however I think you never know if you have a brain tumor unless you look inside the brain!

Well, I had the MRI on Saturday morning and its Monday now and the wait is killing me! I called up but the secretary said the doctor will contact me when he has viewed he results. How are you supposed to wait for these things? My mind is doing overtime!!!

Im fed up with the docs saying its anxiety and stress, because I just want some answers, I feel so depressed and ill because of this pressure in my head and face and I just want an end to these feelings.

xxx

ann01
15-11-10, 18:08
Hi, I haven't got any answers for you but I know what your going through I had a MRI last Monday and awaiting results. My imagination is working overtime. With you going private I wouldn't think you will have long to wait. Good luck.
Ann

crazyhayz
15-11-10, 22:50
How did u get private? i want one but hoping my neuro will give me one on nhs when i see him in couple of months xx

StillyKat
16-11-10, 09:24
I get mine through work benefits but I know if you take health insurance out you pay about £50 a month but you get private. Good luck.

Can I ask why you both got or getting MRIs done? Similar problems to me?xxxxxx

ann01
16-11-10, 10:33
My symptoms are very much like your but I have constant off balance walking and dizziness too. Hope you hear something soon.

paula lynne
16-11-10, 11:23
Hi love, I know its so so hard waiting for such important results, but its out of your control for now. Let us know, wishing you all the best xxx:hugs:

StillyKat
16-11-10, 12:23
Thank you all for your kind words. I will let you know how my results go... I always say to myself there is no point worrying what will be will be worrying doesnt help, but you cant help it lol!xxx

StillyKat
17-11-10, 10:04
Hi all just wanted to thank you all for your kindness and words of comfort. Had a follow up with the neuro this morning, my MRI was completely clear and normal, so no signs of anything sinister. My headaches are apparantly a cross between migraines and tension. I guess I must just learn to relax now and not get worked up.

Thanks to all.

xxx

allergyphobia
17-11-10, 10:06
Brilliant news StillyKat. Now you know it is nothing sinister you can start relaxing and hopefully that will relieve your awful headaches.

Take care
AP

crazyhayz
17-11-10, 11:23
Wonderful news :) Id like to get an mri? how much did u pay for one privately?

I am seeing a neuro but not sure if he'll give me an MRI..

U must feel on top of the world :) Congrats xx

ann01
17-11-10, 11:24
I am so pleased and happy for you so glad your MRI came back ok, I'm still waiting for my results.

kingswood
17-11-10, 11:45
I'm so glad everything went well and you are ok - I have all the symptoms you have had so I'm going to now stop worrying too! Take care, X.

StillyKat
17-11-10, 12:00
I got mine done through my private healthcare at work but i think they are a lot of money, thousands maybe but correct me if im wrong!

I would speak to your neuro about it and tell him your fears like I did and see what they say!

Good luck! xxx

StillyKat
17-11-10, 12:01
Kingswood - you'll be fine, we just need to accept its anxiety!

Ann - let me know how you get on xxx

Aussie11
17-11-10, 23:21
Great news on your results.

In answer to the question on how much MRI's cost privately, it depends where you get it done and whether they are just doing your brain or areas of your neck and back too. I had brain and whole spine, and although mine was covered by private health, I saw the invoice for it and it was £1900 through private hospital!! But if you do a google search and find a private provider they usually say scans cost from about £300 for a single area.