PDA

View Full Version : Not having a very good day :-(

Hayley1982
15-11-10, 17:01
Went online to check my bank to discover my card had been used for fraud. I can't relax today feel all unedge and can't eat, keep panicking. Had my phone assessment tho and im being referred for some face to face therapy. My legs keep like jittering it's horrible :-( x

PokerFace
15-11-10, 17:04
Ooh the same thing happend to my dad couple of months ago! I'm so sorry someone has done that to you, I really hope you get every penny back. Face to face therapy sounds like an amazing step forward, it will probably help a lot!

Could you go have a nice hot bath to try and relax/calm down? Maybe watch a DVD, something to take your mind off things? Hope you feel a lot better soon. xxx

sammi
15-11-10, 17:09
Oh haley that's awful someone did that to my grandma she got every penny back and I hope you do too. I thing therapy will really help you I'm starting cbt tomoz I can't wait x

Nigel
15-11-10, 17:17
Aww Haley, that’s not fair :meh:

If you haven’t already done so, give the bank a ring. They’ll cancel your cards immediately so no more money can be taken, and issue new ones. Also, it’s their responsibility unless they can prove you were negligent, and that’s very rarely the case with card fraud. I mean, you wasn’t even aware of it, so it could hardly be your fault. It’s just a nuisance, but not a disaster.

Well done for your phone assessment though. Sounds encouraging, doesn’t it?
See, the day hasn’t been all bad :)

Take care,
Nigel

gaaron
15-11-10, 17:46
Hi Haley, I know how you feel, but once 'i took control' ie phoned bank etc and a couple of glasses of water (really!) i felt better.
The 1st time it happened the bank didnt change my card (although might do that now) the following month it happened again - the bank changed my card then. They reimbursed all moneys frauduently charged very quickly. I had no problem at all. I initially thought 'how do i prove it', but on speaking to them all fears were allayed.
Hope you're feeling more calm x

Nigel
15-11-10, 17:55
I initially thought 'how do i prove it', but on speaking to them all fears were allayed.

I think these days the onus is on the banks to prove the customer was negligent, so there's nothing to worry about on your part.

Hayley1982
15-11-10, 20:51
I'm soooo scared. Help x