PDA

View Full Version : Could it be OCD?

cherry84
15-11-10, 20:11
Hey
I'm new here and have been trying desperately to find out the reason behind all my "quirky" worries.

My boyfriend laughs at my strange ways but certain things are driving me mad.
The main thing at the moment is constant worry about my loved ones being hurt- my main worries are cancer and car crashes. I worry even that if I don't worry then the bad things will happen! I obsess over this every single day! Beyond my loved ones i find myself strangly intrigued by crashes that happen in the news and always want to read about it. Is this OCD or something else?
There is no reason for me to worry that i can think of so this feels totally irrational!

I've got a few other quirks like freaking out if forks get stuck together or metal touching metal (may not be OCD just me being an oddity!)

I have some other delightful social awkwardness traits but these are the things that are driving me mad.

I'm not sure if others feel this too, let me know so I don't feel quite so crazy anymore

xxx

lajjj
16-11-10, 17:27
i certainly share your fear about loved ones being hurt or getting ill! at the moment i have a massive fear about car crashes and like you i feel like i need to keep worrying about it! i cant stop its driving me mad! i worry 24/7! if i see summit on the news i tend to imagine it happening to someone i love and its really upsetting! i know 'normal' ppl have the same fears its just we cant seem to let go of it like they can! xx

katie23
17-11-10, 04:17
Deffo OCD!

I have it too but mine was with killing myself sounds scary it was!If I wasnt thinking or bothered by the thought it was deffo going to happen.I would stay up researching etc best way is to say oh thats just an ocd thought and let it go

Groundhog
17-11-10, 14:42
Hi cherry 84

There is one line in your post I picked up on

‘There is no reason for me to worry that i can think of so this feels totally irrational!’

Reason being I am having counselling with a psychologist for my anxiety attacks so that when one strikes I can fight back, I thought pretty much as you and told the psychologist as much when I first saw her. Well four appointments in we have found two or three related areas of my past that collectively are definitely having an effect on my attacks. I am truly in awe of the ability of these people and can’t recommend them enough if eventually you come to the point where you want to start unravelling things.