PDA

View Full Version : Enoughs enough! Time to move on!

Lion King
15-11-10, 20:44
My job is a complete piss take, time to jack and find another!

Chasing a job promotion leads to feeling like a mug, is it worth it, probably not, to take all the shit, get criticised heavily, character assassinated, this just begs for an industrial tribunal when I go on the sick with stress.

For weeks I've battled on through this crap after putting a complaint in about being taken advantage of by upper management! I've had low moods, lack of sleep at night thru worry, feeling tired all the time, I keep trying to pick myself up but keep getting knocked down, I really do feel strongly to move on before the anxiety gets worse. I would ask for a demotion but there are no positions so I could set myself up for redundancy, feeling a bit mixed up at the minute.

Health or money?mmmmmm:unsure:

paula lynne
15-11-10, 20:47
Well done Lion King, go for it....Im sure you wont regret it. I lost my job as a nurse and fell apart...for about a month...but Im now an at home florist, skint, but happy. And I KNOW my anxiety would have been complete hell if Id stayed in the stressful nursing career. Health everytime! x good luck

Lion King
15-11-10, 21:04
Thanks Paula,

Health has got to come first!

A florist sounds completely different from nursing, Its:yesyes: best to do what you love! I'm glad you found it!!!

I'm going to take some time out and assess the situation, I'm sure work won't be happy but its about me not them!

x:roflmao:

paula lynne
15-11-10, 21:08
It will open you up to new adventures and possibilities...........and sod work Im afraid, they should have treated you with more respect actually! Go for it go for it go for it!

ditzygirl
15-11-10, 21:43
Health is wealth, life might be tough but you can eat cheaply if u cook from scratch, grow ur own veg etc.

Take redundancy if u can - use any money wisely, maybe retrain or take a job with less stress.

you are only on this earth once, life is for living - its about whats around you and the people in it - you can't buy happiness or healthx

Lion King
16-11-10, 19:03
I went to the doctors today about my stress, he asked what do you want to do, I replied a different job (jokingly!), I just said a break so the doctors wrote me a sick note for 2 weeks.

My plan now is work out my next move! My partner has been really supportive and said she would work full time if I wanted to re-train, I take my hat off to her but I am going to have a week of total shutdown first! Then I will way up my options, my ultimate aim is to not return to the managers position for the measily sum they pay me, I know I should be greatful but if I don't try I will never know!

Thanks for the support, I will keep an update!

happycamper
16-11-10, 22:07
Hi there Lion King,

I totally agree that health and happiness are the most important things in life, as I've got older - midway through my working life anyway, I can appreciate it so much more.

I'm a nurse but have taken a significant pay drop changing to a post with no nights and unsociable hours which suits my young children much better, also my husband has become a full time student to retrain in a completely different line of work. My anxiety issues were caused by a some major health crises in my family rather than work, but they have made it even more clear that life is too short to be so unhappy.

Hope you can focus positively during your time off work and reach a happy solution.:) X

Lion King
16-11-10, 22:27
Thanks HC,

Me too! I am being positive which is half the battle to getting where I need to be!

Looking at jobs so far I may need to retrain and broaden my skills!

Time to chill for next 7 days! x

blueangel
17-11-10, 09:11
Health first every day. I'm a trade union rep and I see so many people who get stressed out and ill because of work. The thing I say to all of them is that no job is worth dying for (although I realise that this idea doesn't necessarily apply if you're in the armed forces, as when you sign up, you take that risk).

Lion King
18-11-10, 11:57
Thanks Blueangel,

Health and family have taken a back seat whilst I've tried my best to better myself for no reward! This is a turning point in my life where I will make a change, I have vowed to myself that I will never return back to that job even if it means sweeping the streets. I am never being put in a position where I can be manipulated with false promises.

I am pacing myself for a few days, I have put a few feelers out and the response is pretty encouraging! So time to sort my CV out and see what comes my way!

LK x

Lion King
06-09-11, 22:58
Just looked back on this post, 10 months on and no regrets whatsoever!

Feel like a better me!

Thanks to everybody for there support!