PDA

View Full Version : Endoscopy

cheesy pete
15-11-10, 21:11
Hi,

Been quite well the last few weeks however I have my endoscopy tomorrow and to say I am nervous is an understatement. Anyone had one of these before? Being sedated so hopefully i won't remember anything!

suzy-sue
15-11-10, 21:22
Hi Pete ,I had one and was given little injection in my hand .Woke up when it was over .had a little bit of a sore throat until the next day .Nothing to it .You get a cup of tea when you wake up . Saw the consultant & got my result the same day .( IBS ...not ulcer .) You will be fine ..All the best Sue x

cheesy pete
15-11-10, 21:32
Thanks Sue,

A few people have said the same thing but you know how it is - you build this stuff up in your head!

Horse
15-11-10, 23:33
Had 4 so far over the years. Used to get uptight about them but they dont bother me now, and I'm a complete wimp! I always ask for the sedation and make a point of letting them know I'm suffering acute anxiety. It's probably easier for them to put you out anyway rather than thinking you're going to 'throw a wobbly.' I found the worst part was not eaten anything beforehand. According to my report, I was out for about 5 minutes that's all. Occasionally you may have a sore throat afterwards where the tube goes down but last time I didnt even have that. They may squirt some stuff at the back of your throat before you lay on your side, this normally tastes a bit like bitter banana and will make your throat numb. You will probably feel like you cant swallow but of course you can. Then it's off to bye byes!
Good luck with the results.

cheesy pete
16-11-10, 21:21
Thanks! It all went fine. I was sedated and to be honest i knew nothing about it. Can't have been out for more than 10 minutes. Wait for the results now!

Diva
16-11-10, 21:27
Well done Pete, you should be proud of yourself.
xx

Horse
16-11-10, 21:37
Told you so!
Well done matey!

cheesy pete
16-11-10, 22:58
Thanks again to everyone!

jothenurse
16-11-10, 23:13
Good job.

Anxious_gal