PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else do this

tricia56
16-11-10, 12:18
hi ive been on here awhile now and suffer wih severe anxiety for about a year now but i cant seem to sit still and relax no mater weather it is siting down or eating or on pc i start to bounce or rock side to side and when im sitting eating or just siting down on a bus or any ware i have to sit i have to cross my legs and have the stick out strait of the floor i know im doing this but cant control it and wnen im doing this i feel as if im a freak and people are looking at me and thinking the same so just wonderd if any one else does these things and im not the only person that does it

shaz14
16-11-10, 12:33
Hi Tricia

I have severe anxiety and panics also and find I can't relax or keep still at all. It must be all the adrenaline. I can cope with it during the day but I hate it when it comes to night time as I can't sit still and watch tv and getting to sleep is awful. I find I am constantly moving my legs or feet. If I force myself to stop moving then my head starts spinning!

blueangel
16-11-10, 12:47
I think some people are just more "twitchy" than others. My partner isn't a particularly anxious person, but he always seems to have loads of excess energy and very rarely sits still. I suspect this is why he is always a perfect weight for his height (damn him, damn him...... :D)

Ella_Jayne
16-11-10, 13:35
I get this from time to time but I used to get it a lot when my anxiety first started, I would move my leg or tap something or mess at my lip constantly. It's an anxious thing as I've calmed down a lot and hardly ever do it now. I used to find it difficult to fully relax, I was always on my guard incase something went wrong I suppose...