PDA

View Full Version : citolopram or sertraline..help suicadal

bile29
16-11-10, 15:24
I VE BEEN ON CITOLOPRAM...FOR 4MONTHS NOW.....EVERY WEEK I EXPIRINCE SOMETHING WEIRD ......SO I DECIDED TO CHANGE AND MAYBE GET ON SERTRALINE........I HAD ENOUGH OF THE SUICIDAL THOUGHTS AND HURTING MYSELF......I CANT HANDLE THE MENTAL TORTURE.....
SO PLS HAVE ANYONE TAKEN SERTRALINE...ARE THEY MILDER AS THEY SAY......CANT BEAR THE SIDE EFFECTS ANY MORE ,TOO LONG.......NOT REALL PROGRESS ON CITOLOPRAM.....
PLEASE WRITE TO ME AS I GIVE UP ON MY BLOODY GP...EVERYTIME HE SAYS WAIT 2WEEEKS AND ANOTHER 2WEEKS....ITS BEEN A TORTURE IUN MY HEAD........
PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK ON SERTRALINE PLEASE:roflmao::whistles:

nomorepanic
16-11-10, 15:26
Hi bile29

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

ditzygirl
16-11-10, 15:38
Please please please go onto search and type in sertraline
there is loads of help and support about how some of us have got better on sertraline.

I had a nightmare on citalopram so try not to worry -its just not the drug for you.

Your welcome to search all my threads and info.

Hang on in there life will get better and we are here for you.

JennyR
16-11-10, 18:02
Hi,

I know exactly how you feel, I have tried both citroplam and fluxetine and both made me ill and I gave up after 2 weeks, so I am hoping to find alternative remedies - as I just can't handle the side affects, don't think my body is good with tablets. You might be fine though as many people go onto anti depressants and are fine
good luck :)

dawn,trudy
17-11-10, 22:31
im on sertraline, citolopram or floxertine dont work for me,, but some meds do take weeks to kick in ive found sertraline good for the first 6 weeks and now they dnt seem to be doing the trick so off bck to the docs..good luck keep trying you will beat this xx

suzy-sue
18-11-10, 00:36
Hi and :welcome:.You will find a medication forum at the bottom of the page ,Im sure you will find something will work for you .Sorry you have had a bad time on Citalopram .Each dose does take 4-6 weeks to feel the full benefit .AND YOU do often feel more anxious to start with .It does get better .Good luck with the new drug .I hope you feel better soon .Keep posting and you will get a lot of help and support .luv Sue :hugs:

mrsworry
21-11-10, 18:58
hi there i have had citalopram and am now on fluoxetine i agree it takes 3/4 weeks to get into your system not what you need to hear i know but after initially feeling worse you then start to feel betta i have been on the fluox for 3 yrs and seems ok though i do still have anxious and agitated times :weep:

JJ76
21-11-10, 23:38
I too had lots of problems on Citalopram so you are not alone- please speak with your GP about your feelings as they can transfer you to a better med