PDA

View Full Version : does anxiety do this

tricia56
16-11-10, 18:30
me again posting for advice i suffer with anxiety allthe time and one day i can get on and do the normal day today things when my anxiety is not so bad but then the next day im relly anxiouse and start to get the symtoms u get with it and the feelings for no reason.i dont have any hobbies or anything as i cant concentrate on anything so i just sit in my room and try and watch tv as my children are all grown up and got there own familys and if i go to visit them i only just sit there constantly thinking about anxiety and how im feeling i dont have many friends to go and visit so could it be because im sitting at home doing nothing and feeling really bored and fed up and lonely it make mey anxiety go back up if this so can any one give me any tips on wat i could do if im on my own ith nothing to do to ease my anxiety

jothenurse
16-11-10, 23:41
If you sit by yourself with no distractions, you will focus in on your anxiety and it will just make you feel worse.
You need to find something to distract yourself, puzzles, reading, tv. Maybe doing some volunteer work, if you are comfortable going out.

bmccartney
17-11-10, 00:22
for me personally, what you describe is a recipe for a very bad day of anxiety. I am a newcomer to this... but i have learned that much. I do stay busy ( even when i feel very yukky) I do all kinds of things just to keep moving and hopefully it goes away with distraction. Last week i found new recipe, walked to the store to get the ingredients and baked the afternoon away. Then i hauled out some christmas stuff and put on some tunes. Some days it is all good and other days i can barely force myself to do anything... but i MAKE myself. It gives me some releif and some sense of accomplishment and living like a "normal" person. I get far more anxiety when i lay on the couch or do nothing. My struggle is learning to actually relax and do nothing..

shaggyowen
17-11-10, 05:30
go swimming that really relaxing and takes your mind off think of go have a sauna i know thats just sitting around as well but its just a more different and more relaxing atmospher =]