PDA

View Full Version : disciplinary hearing at work

Sammylou
16-11-10, 21:00
Well tomorrow I have a disciplinary hearing at work for having time off sick with anxiety and suffering really bad side effects from sertraline. I got signed off by the gp but that doesnt seem to matter! as you can imagine i have been suffering all day I actually feel like im going to pass out and im really shakey, see what happens tomorrow, i still think its wrong :huh:

Kells81
16-11-10, 21:06
Hi Sammylou

It is very unfair that they are making you have a disciplinary when you have been signed off. You have been told by your Doctor that you don't need to be in work so I can't see how they can get mad at you.
You have not done anything wrong so try not to worry too much, just go to the meeting and tell them exactly how bad you have been feeling.
They can't possibly take it further.
Good luck with tomorrow.

PoppyC
16-11-10, 21:14
Hi
Why a disciplinary when you are signed off??? If you are signed off properly then I thought that would not be allowed~?
Hope it all gets sorted for you in your favour.
X

Sammylou
16-11-10, 21:25
Its because of the amount of time ive had off, unacceptable levels of absence was the term used! im sure they think im putting all this anxiety thing on everyone just looks at me blank when I tell them how ill I feel. Will let you know how I get on x

Dizz
16-11-10, 21:33
Hi Sammylou

Hope everything goes well for you BUT they are NOT allowed to carry out disciplinary action on a person who has been signed off from work by a doctor for being ill.

See how you go on and do let us know x x

Good luck :hugs:

Kells81
18-11-10, 15:32
Hi Sammylou

How did your meeting go? xx

fairyqueen
19-11-10, 08:32
Hi Sammylou - just checked in to see how you got on yesterday - hope you're ok. X

Sammylou
19-11-10, 17:39
Hi there, I got a verbal warning for my high levels of absence which will be on my file for 6 months, I was expecting worse! got myself in a right state yesterday. I have also reduced my working hours to relieve some pressure will just have to see how I go, my health is more important than work! xxx

Kells81
19-11-10, 20:31
Hey

It is great news that you feel a bit happier about it all now. Reduced hours should really make a difference in getting you back to work.

Good luck with it all!

BubbleBonce
19-11-10, 21:31
You can register as disabled with your employer and then they have to make every effort to accommodate your disability.

Bubble

Kells81
19-11-10, 21:36
Hey Bubble

I don't know if it is the same for everyone but at my work you have to get assessed my ocupational health and they decide whether you can be classed as disabled or not, people I know who in the past have been assessed with anxiety/panic related issues have been classed as not disabled.
But like I said-it might be different depending on where you work. Most places will work with you to get you back to work without having to be assessed though.

JJ76
19-11-10, 21:52
Hi Sammy Lou if your happy with what has been said and done at your assessment then fine but be aware effectively issues and treatment that you are having may well be covered by the Disability Act - sorry I am a union rep although the DA isn't my field I have an awareness of it from my own problems.
If you want any help/advice and are not in a union you can either join one; if money is an issue ACAS give free advice. If for any reason you are not comfortable with either of those then feel free to send me a message and I will try and answer it as I know where to look.
Excuse a newbie to the forum posting on here but the strapline sparked my unjust alarm bells

JJ76
19-11-10, 23:36
Just to add its your GP who can classify it as a disability and depression anxiety if people are receiving treatment for it will generally be classified as such my a GP