PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks and looking for advice

swinton
16-11-10, 22:18
hi, i myself used to drink a lot and its definetly a bad idea to drink when suffering with panic attacks sometimes i think that the panic atttacks are somewhat caused by alcohol withdrawl, my own panic attacks now come on anytime of day or night in any situation i have tried loads of different meds including the dreaded seroxat and still no improvement im at my wits end what to do next as its affecting my personal life, 1 min im ok the next having a panic attack thinking my hearts about to give up the ghost and as for sleeping ive only slept 3 hours in two days, i ask the doctor for something to help and all he says is if you are tired you will sleep, im close to giving up as everywhere i turn nothing seems to help i hope somebody has some advice on what to do as it is now making me more depressed.

jothenurse
16-11-10, 22:34
What other meds have you tried? Have you tried a little of the benzodiazepines? Like Ativan? You have to be very careful with it and take small amounts, but it does help take the edge off, and if you are on a very small amount, it is easier to taper off of it.

swinton
17-11-10, 10:11
at the moment im on angina meds amongst other things too im on bisoprolol 10mg, zixmox, aspirin, simvistatin, co codamol, tramadol, motens/lacidepine, nitromin spray, i have in the past tried benzodizepenes for alcohol withdrawl symptoms and got off the booze but my doctors dont want to know now when i tell them im having panic attacks all i get is "they'll go away" im at my wits end over it every time i try to sleep now a panic attack starts cause i think im having a heart attack then it subsides, then eventually i try to sleep again and the same thing happens its now getting to the stagen where sleep is virtually impossible the most im getting is approx 2hours in a day, everywhere i turn nhs/doctors way dosent want to know. all i want is something that will make me sleep for 8 hours a day but the nhs doctors wont give it me if they carry on like that i'll be forced to buy unlicesenced medication off the net and i dont want to do that for obviour reasons. ps thanks for the previous reply its nice to know that somebody out there cares enough to reply:)