PDA

View Full Version : citalopram 6 months

JTD
16-11-10, 23:11
I've been taking this now for 6 months, for anxiety and depression. Now on 40mg, started on 10mg. Worst period was the first few days although side effects eased after a week. It took maybe 2 months to notice a difference. I've felt a significant mood improvement over time, but it's not like flicking a switch or euphoria or detachment. Anxious thoughts are still there, but more distant and easier to 'let go' of. I havn't lost my temper in months. Some side effects, noticeably tiredness, very slight short-term concentration and memory loss, some neck rash and extremely vivid dreams. Other than the dreams, these are not really noticeable (maybe the tiredness but you can overcome that) and the dreams are quite fun. The constant yawning and extreme fatigue were transient. For me, this drug has done what it says on the packet, but it's a long term treatment, not what you really expect (90% of the time you forget you are taking it) and best alongside other life affirming activities...hobbies or exercise.

happycamper
17-11-10, 15:47
Hi JTD,

Excellent post and glad it's working well for you!

I can ditto just about all of it so there's not a lot I can add. Only difference is I'm on 20mg and hope I don't ever have to increase beyond that. Is neck rash a cit side effect by the way...?

Clare X

x0xrachx0x
17-11-10, 15:55
Hi JTD,

Excellent post and glad it's working well for you!

I can ditto just about all of it so there's not a lot I can add. Only difference is I'm on 20mg and hope I don't ever have to increase beyond that. Is neck rash a cit side effect by the way...?

Clare X

Hi Clare,

Just seen your question asking about
Neck rash, I have had slight neck rash myself, didn’t even relise it was a side effect of cit but as reading what JTD has written it must be, don’t get it much but have only got it since taking the cit.

Well done JTD. That’s great to hear. Hope al continues to go well xx

happycamper
17-11-10, 16:23
Hmmm, maybe the mystery has been solved...?
My neck had been driving me mad, anyone else aware of that as a side effect of cit?

x0xrachx0x
17-11-10, 18:46
Have you been getting them since taking the cit then hun? x