PDA

View Full Version : St Johns Wort

W.I.F.T.S.
16-03-06, 21:00
I was going to take St Johns Wort but I checked on google first and there were loads of warnings about it reacting with other drugs and it has scared me off and nearly given me a panic attack!!

Are these just scare stories? Because the article actually said that 66 million people worldwide take it with no reported problems and it is as effective as some anti-depressants.

I have been taking Bach's remedy and after a couple of days I started to feel a lot calmer, but I've run out of that now and I'm feeling a bit edgy again

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

darkangel
16-03-06, 21:01
They are not suitable if you are taking anti depressants. But otherwise should be OK.

........life is for living not just for surviving

W.I.F.T.S.
17-03-06, 12:37
The only prescribed medication I'm on is for cholesterol. I did try anti-depressants for about 4 months (Prozac), but that caused me to feel depersonalised and very aggressive- so I lost faith in pills.

I noticed there was a post saying don't use St Johns Wort and Kalms, but what about Bach's remedy?

Greg1983
23-03-06, 16:21
My Doc has told me not to take St. Johns Wort with anti-depresents, will make you ill apparentley.

"UNLESS YOU HAVE BREATHED ANXIETY, TASTED ANXIETY AND LIVED WITH ANXIETY YOU DONT KNOW HOW IT FEELS..
NEVER JUDGE AN ANXIOUS PERSON BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW ONE DAY YOU MAY WAKE UP WITH IT YOURSELF..... (Stolen from someone else, can't remember who, but i'm sorry - i just liked it)"

andrew england 2
25-03-06, 14:13
http://www.sjwinfo.org/

check this out for all st johns info

presently on escitalopram but if it works i hope one day to switch back to st johns cos had a nice feel from it till i made some dumb life choices and i sent myself downhill

W.I.F.T.S.
27-03-06, 14:49
I've been taking it for just over a week now. I was on it for a short while some time ago and it did seem to have an effect. However, this time I've been feeling sick in my stomach and a horrible swirling sensation in my head. It might be that I've been overdoing it on the bach's remedy or it could be depression itself that's causing it, but, at the moment, I'm leaning towards coming off the SJW.