PDA

View Full Version : Help!!scared of my fiance taking Lyrica 75mg!

MysticalParadox
17-11-10, 15:29
Hiya,

My fiance gets really painful legs and headaches but no reason has been found yet..they are still doing tests..he was born with talipes so it could be nerves..he has just been perscribed lyrica 75mg by the neurologist..but he is scared to take it as he found out the risks of fathering a child and it may be abnormal..i suffer with depression and anxiety..and am scared too about the suicidal stuff it warns about.

This could be the key to making his live painless!!hes suffered fo years and i hate seeing him in pain 24\7 and not sleeping.

But I am 27 and he is 35 and we are getting to the stage we want to start a family..we have happily lived together for 10yrs now and he wont take the meds if it would be a risk to the baby.

I would like to add we are NOT going to have a child till i have sorted my issues out =) will the risk be gone if he stops taking them for a few months before trying for the child?? i hope someone can help put our minds at ease as i just want his pain to go away but i dont wanna risk our future child either..

xx

Belfry1973
18-11-10, 20:34
The person to talk to about this is the doctor, just remember that the abnormalities have never actually happened in a human child, just in male animals.