PDA

View Full Version : Hiya

Nebbz
17-11-10, 17:04
Hi im a newbie here, i just found this website looking for answers to my questions and looks like i may be able to get them here.

a little about me, im 21 female from england (bristol) my name is nebbz, i am a keen horse rider and owner, and love spending my time around the yard as seems to be the only time im my self. I am a tattooist by trade although havent been able to work for a couple of years due to back problems and my anxiety attacks.

I have been taking citralopram for around 8 months now and just had my dose increased to 40mg as it dosent seem to be controling my panic attacks and my depression as much as i had hoped although has been a slow and steady incline.

What im wondering is if any one has ever suffered with memory loss, I seem to be always confused and i keep loosing weeks i cant remember weather im coming or going and forever leaving things some where and instantly forgetting i have put it down!? My poor horse has been stabled with no water because i have left his bucket out side the door thinking i put it in the stable.....so this is why im trying to find some answers and wondering if any one has any ways to combat these problems before i go utterly insane loL!

thanks x :3

nomorepanic
17-11-10, 17:06
Hi Nebbz

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Groundhog
17-11-10, 18:34
Hi and welcome.
I think you will find thats one of the side effects with meds for anxiety/depression, if you trawl the threads or use the search you will find loads of references to folk who have lost weeks and sometimes months from their memory.

I don’t take meds so I wont say much more in case I mislead you but I’m sure someone will come along and reassure you that it is common from their own experience

Vanilla Sky
18-11-10, 15:59
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x