PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

laurajoy88
17-11-10, 19:25
Hi Everyone :)

My names Laura, i'm 22 and from Bath (south west england).

i've suffered with anxiety attacks for 7 years now, however they are getting worse lately and its getting to the point where I just want to lock myself in my flat all day. (this is effecting my entire life, not being able to go to work etc). I've begged my GP for medication, so i'm on day 5 of my citalopram now (10mg).. felt very very spaced out today and its almost like an out of body experience. its horrible because nobody else understands :(

Hope to meet other people that are going through the same thing and can understand what i'm going through.

Hello! :unsure:

diane07
17-11-10, 19:28
Hi laurajoy88

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

JaneC
17-11-10, 19:48
Hi Laura :welcome:

Lots of people on Citalopram on here and lots have initial side effects like yours. You might want to read PsychoPoet's citalopram guide - link below x

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46980

laurajoy88
17-11-10, 20:06
Thanks im just reading through it now - brilliant! Glad i found this website :D

DeetheTree
17-11-10, 20:55
Hi Laura :)
Saw you are a worrier too, i wish we could chill more! :)

laurajoy88
17-11-10, 21:01
Oh yes! I worry about the silliest things all the time! i find it very hard not to, its as if my body thinks its the normal thing to do now.

im glad im not alone :)

paula lynne
17-11-10, 21:25
Hi Laura, welcome aboard, nice to meet you x:welcome:

bluediamond
18-11-10, 23:44
Hey sweetie,totally know where you are coming from,im battling with it everyday too! x:hugs:

paulst
19-11-10, 09:16
Hi laura,:welcome:to NMP.

shaggyowen
19-11-10, 09:39
hi alot of the time the 'outta body experiences' liek a daze or dream like is the effect of the adrenaline leaveing your body so instead of being really alert and high as is where your now starting to relax wich if your like me this can be really wierd and make me anxtious and then it starts all over again lol your be ok dw alot of people experience desencatization sorry dont know how to proply spell it but yeh youl be ok dw hope this helps

laurajoy88
19-11-10, 16:49
Hiya thanks for your messages, having a bad day today it's only started happening but when I sit down or bend over my heart flutters and goes fast for about 10 seconds, it's really scary :(:(:(

crisis
19-11-10, 17:04
Hi Everyone :)

My names Laura, i'm 22 and from Bath (south west england).

i've suffered with anxiety attacks for 7 years now,

Hi Laura
I had anxiety attacks before I was 15 but since then became in a sense "cronical". Getting older now, over 40, and feeling better.

Welcome anyway I am new to the site like you

Carmine

daybyday
19-11-10, 17:06
:welcome: Laurajoy. You will find very kind people here.

laurajoy88
19-11-10, 17:19
Hi carmine and daybyday, thanks for the welcome. Going through moving house, getting a car and constant family probs ATM and found my anxiety is getting worse by the second.

This websites definitely given me hope though :) thanks for the kind welcomes xx