PDA

View Full Version : Neck/Shoulder tension anyone?

crazyhayz
18-11-10, 09:45
Does anyone suffer with this?

Im not sure if what im suffering from is tension or something else..

Basically, i get weakness alot in my arms, mostly right arm, feeling of heaviness and lessened gripping power. I am CONSTANTLY twisting my hands and arms and neck, i must look like a freak, but i have this overwhelming urge that I need to stretch all the time,mostly my neck and wrists/shoulders..

What could this be? If i press gently on the area underneath the back of my neck and to the left/right of it (so behind my shoulders basically) all the way along the top of my back, it feels really sore.. the thing that im finding worrying is that if i stretch/twist my wrists/shoulders/neck, my hands always go really weak for a few seconds afterwards....its really really strange...

I cant rly type for a few seconds after ive done it as my hands go really weak! I keep worrying ive got some degenerative muscle disease like MND.... I just stretched as i typed that and my right arm went soooo weak :( im absolutley terrified :(

Could this be neck tension? I dont really know what sort of symptoms id have if i had this...all ive read is it would give me headaches...but i dont suffer with headaches... please help

Joexgee
18-11-10, 10:01
hi, sorry you are so worried, but it does sound like its probably tension, i am suffering with it at the mo, although i dont have problems with my wrists, but my elbow on my right has been really achy and stiff the last wk or so, along with that neck tension feeling, its almost like its a burning sensation all across my neck and shoulders, it feels really stiff.
try a hot water bottle or wheat bag on your neck and see if it helps.
i dont always get the headaches either, but im sure they are all linked with tension. hope it feels better soon xxx

Zee
18-11-10, 11:15
Neck tension is my middle name !!
I get tingles across my scalp with the tension at times and dizzy feelings.
I was told I had a shoulder impingement caused by bad posture on the pc.
However, the tension always seems worse in damp, windy conditions and also when I feel anxious.