PDA

View Full Version : Very concerned. TMI- sickbug

tashbarnes87
18-11-10, 10:55
Hi all, this isnt a usual fear of mine but im beginning to get anxious about it. Sorry if this is a bit TMI.

I had a odd belly on monday felt like i needed to pass wind, i felt bloated.
Tuesday morning i woke up with cramps & have diarrhea all day. Yesterday i just had bad cramps & today i have the pains again constantly but i havent been for a number 2 since the dreaded diarrhea. It feels like i need to pass wind, you know that pain you get that spreads up to your ribs likke a sharpe pain. My hubbie thinks its a sickbug but im not convinced as i feel fine, havent been sick & i have a 10 week old who im sure would catch anthing. Also my stomach is constantly gurgling & popping :(

Is this anything to be concerned about? does this sound like i have eaten something bad? x

Mogwog
18-11-10, 11:26
Hi Tash

I think it sounds like a bug. I know you said you havent been sick but I am rarely sick if I catch a stomach bug, I just get all the things you just described. Quite often I am the only one in the family which gets the bug (which does send me into a panic at the time as I wonder why no one else has got it!) It often takes my stomach about a week to sort itself out and I feel very windy and bloated with all over stomach pains and cramps etc. I have IBS too which doesnt help.

Hope this has reassured you a little.

L.xxxxx

Groundhog
18-11-10, 11:53
I would stand corrected but I think I’m right in saying as you get older you get more and more immune to vomiting with stomach bugs, don’t quite know how it works although building up an immunity to it must be a governing factor. It does not however stop us having some symptoms when these bugs come along such as loose No 2’s and stomach cramps.

countrygirl
18-11-10, 12:56
I have been posting this week about similar thing - upset bowels with me really bad runs first day - hardly left the house and went about 15 times with lots of mucus:blush: I had horrible ache and pains in abdomen and lower back and then had a day of terrible noises and explosions and wind again with mucus and loose but not going as much. yesteray was still loose and mucus:blush::blush: and the tummy ache on and off - went about 4 times yesterday. Still urgent and looseish today and again already been 3 times.
I have not felt sick at all its all being concentrated down below so to speak. I also have that feeling as if you want to pass wind or go to the loo all the time.

I saw my GP yesterday who said could be a bug she has sent off sample in case Its something I ate and done loads of bloods and I ahve got the dreaded occult blood test kit to do over the weekend - otherwise known as the poo smear:D:D

My GP said it is okay to wait 6 weeks with a change in bowel habit as it can take this long for bugs to get out of your system.