PDA

View Full Version : Blurry eye

phil06
18-11-10, 12:59
I've had a blurry right eye for about a week and when I googled stuff last week i read it's a serious symptom for some health issues or can it just be anxiety too?

punkprincess19
18-11-10, 13:05
Hi, my eyes go a bit blurry sometimes as a result of my anxiety. It can last anywhere from a few hours to a week. If it's really concerning you though you should make an appointment with your optician and get it checked out.

becky000
18-11-10, 13:50
I get this too. I got glasses but I still get it from time to time. I never googled it as I don't want to scare myself. It always goes away after a day or two though so it must be stress-related.

phil06
18-11-10, 15:23
It seems to be like the corner of my eye it feels a little irritated and watery and it I rub it it's like blurry if anybody has had that too?

Anxious_gal
19-11-10, 07:56
I often get that but I'm it's ok cause my eye will feel little sticky, i think it's just a build up of dust or something.

maybe get an eye test or see your doc.

does it stop being blurry? if my eye's a bit sticky and i rub it, it will go blurry but then clear up.

eye drops might help if your ok with them, or cold tea bags can be good too

shaggyowen
19-11-10, 09:08
yeh i get blurys eyes sometimes bud dw about it sometimes its just eye bogies then when you bling get washed away just get on down specsavers and tell them you have anxiety but want to know it its just that or ssometing else, hope this helped

blueangel
19-11-10, 09:16
Eye bogies - that's a great way of describing them :D. Often these can happen because your eyes are just a bit dry and sticky. I get these a lot as my eyes are inclined to be dry. If your eye starts getting more sore, pop along to a pharmacy and get the pharmacist to have a look at it, as they can probably give you some eye drops that will help.

PanchoGoz
19-11-10, 10:44
If you have one blurry eye see a doctor to diagnose you properly. Could be little infection or something and its nice just to know. And STOP GOOGLING you naughty boy.

phil06
19-11-10, 15:28
I often get that but I'm it's ok cause my eye will feel little sticky, i think it's just a build up of dust or something.

maybe get an eye test or see your doc.

does it stop being blurry? if my eye's a bit sticky and i rub it, it will go blurry but then clear up.

eye drops might help if your ok with them, or cold tea bags can be good too

It's like each corner of the eye just is a little agitated..I've had very poor sleep the last week though..I mean my sleeping pattern is getting off to sleep about 4am and waking at 12 or 1pm.

Only really blurry if I rub them. I'm still worried don't want to go to the doctors. :blush:

Anxious_gal
19-11-10, 15:45
my left eye just went blurry now :roflmao:
sometimes my eyes get itchy but only in the corners, i think it's just a tiny infection that'll clear up on it's own. the cold tea bags might help, as thats what my mum used to give me when ever I had a sty.
few times I got a cream from the pharmacy as I can't use eye drops, you just put a little dab of cream in the corner and blink, your vision will stay blurry for few minutes, but will clear up any infection.

aw sucks doesn't it when you loose your sleep pattern , with the change in day light too with winter, it can affect your sleep.

phil06
22-11-10, 16:51
My eye is just really irritated at the corner like the white part..I started obsessing over it worrying it's serious so it's felt worse as the day goes on..not so much blurry just nippy..:ohmy:

Am I ok?

phil06
24-11-10, 20:40
I have discovered a very thin hair in the corner of my eye..not got it out yet but I got a hair cut last week.

Could this be a cause of my blurry eye or irritated eye?

Anxious_gal
24-11-10, 23:32
Hmmm it could be , i often get cat hair in eye , i find the best way to get out is with a damp cotton bud as the hair sticks to it , the cold weather and central heating can irrtate my eyes some time , if your still worried maybe ask a doctor to take a look , it really does sound like a mild irratation nothing to be worried about , becareful of rubbing your eyes too much, hope it gets better soon

phil06
29-11-10, 13:42
I've had advice on here from I need glasses to it's just anxiety.

It's just watering and irritation in that one corner of my eye and a bit misty and blurry when I rub it.

The more I think about it then it gets worse so maybe it is anxiety? but why would anxiety cause this? I'm worried I'm going blind...as with my other worries it becomes obsessive with me. :weep:

Could it be related to the symptoms page?

Eyes, Blurred vision, Eyes sensitive to light, Dry, watery or itchy eyes

What you feel:

You may see stars or movements out of the corner of your eyes that don't exist. You may also see flashing lights in your eyes or your vision may seem almost kaleidoscope-like. Sometimes you may feel that there is a dark object or something just on the outside edge of your vision, or that your vision is narrowing.
It seems your vision is blurry or out of focus, and it's more apparent now than before.
There are times when your eyes seem more sensitive to light than at others, even to a point of regular light being too bright so that you have to wear sunglasses or squint.
You feel as though your eyes are either always dry, constantly watering or itchy. And often, your eyes are red or 'glossy' looking. Even a good night's rest doesn't help.
Ciliary muscles relax - pupils dilate focusing on distant items sometimes disturbing your vision or allowing odd colours or floaters to be noticed.
What causes this:

Eyes are nerves. The nerves in the eyes send their information to the brain through the nervous system. When the nervous system is over active, the nerves in the eyes can play tricks on you which means we sometimes receive false information. These symptoms are some of the ways we receive this false information.
None of these symptoms are serious when they are attributed to anxiety disorder. However, it is important that you get a professional medical evaluation completed to ensure your condition is related to anxiety disorder.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms

..If it is it doesn't say how long it takes to go away or lasts?