PDA

View Full Version : how long to give it... so tired :(

ems43
18-11-10, 18:30
Hi, I've been on mitrazpine for about 7 weeks now, upped to 45mg a week ago on Monday. I really don't feel it is doing much for my anxiety, I feel so tired and more down if anything now ( even simple tasks seem like hard work where as at the start I was exercising daily). I'm just so drained... I know I may need to be patient but these anxiety/ panic is def increasing and I really feel this med has pooped out. Anyway have any advice? Many thanks x

Vixxy
18-11-10, 18:34
Hi there. I'm on 45 mg of mirtazapine as my GP kept upping it when I said my anxiety was getting worse.
I had swapped from citalopram to mirt because the night sweats and other symptoms were too much for me. However I started to suffer with GAD when I went on the mirt.
The mirt helps me to keep motivated and have a better sleep routine, but really my anxiety was getting worse on it not better. Even with the dosage being upped.
So I went to see another GP who has put me on seroxat. So I now take seroxat and mirt and the combination is working REALLY well for me.
Make an appointment with your GP and see if there is another drug you can try.

ems43
18-11-10, 20:03
Thanks Vixxy, that really intersting. I'm a bit scared of going back on SSRI as had a bad reaction to escitalopram a few months ago ( scary level of anxiety/ suicidal) and thats why they changed to the mirt. Did you find you had increased anxiety starting on the seroxat? What dose are you on? thanks again, Emma x

Vixxy
19-11-10, 10:02
I'm on 45mg mirt and 10mg of seroxat. All the side effects I had from citalopram have returned, but it does reduce my anxiety. So i chose to stick with it.
When i start on SSRIs they make me feel like death. I can't sleep, eat, function. So this time I cut the pill into 1/4s and took the smaller dose until I felt ready to take a 1/2 of the pill. It actually cut out most of the side effects from them.Maybe its something you could consider?

JT69
20-11-10, 12:38
Hi Ems,

I have been taking mirtazipine since February, it did take away my depression but left me still suffering from anxiety...even at 30mg it didnt help so I asked my gp about pregabalin as this is a med that has been proved to help with GAD and it has helped me so much. Some GP's wont prescribe it as it is very expensive but it is worth thinking about and certainly worth asking about.

Hope you feel better soon.

Not nice...I know.

Take care.
Jo.xx

ems43
22-11-10, 23:10
Hi Jo, thanks again, pdoc finally prescribed pregablin today so am due to start tomorrow so am keeping every part of my body crossed it will get me out of this hole!!x ( or at least help... know meds aren't the only answer)

JT69
24-11-10, 19:21
Hi Ems,

Thats great news!!! Let me know how you get on with them.

Hope they help.

Jo.xx