PDA

View Full Version : a general rant

eloelo
19-11-10, 17:22
just thought i would vent my feelings out on here
As if going through these god damn awful panic attacks isnt enough !! now other people are just peeing me right off ..
Today at work, my colleague next to me has decided to fall out with me all over a comment i made ...... some one picked up some envelopes off her desk and said she had neat handwriting so i looked and said yes its Different ... well can anyone tell me whats wrong with me saying that ?? because obviously my colleague thought it wasnt nice and has decided not to talk to me all day !!!!!!! she said that i had only been back two days and she was fed up with me already !!! its really annoyed me and upset me that someone - who knows what im going through with these constant panic attacks - can say this to me and be so cruel ..
Im feeling really delicate at the moment as it is.

Does anyone else ever feel like they dont belong ??

I just want to cry and cry and cry tonight, im so upset :emot-crying:

Nigel
19-11-10, 17:34
Hi eloelo,

Sometimes it’s good to have a good rant :winks:

I don’t think there was anything wrong with that comment either, but do you think your colleague's remark might’ve been about something else, and the handwriting comment might’ve given her a convenient reason?

You mentioned that she knows about your panic, but does she really ‘get’ it? Perhaps she secretly resents the fact that you’ve had time off work for something she considers trivial... dunno... :shrug:

Anyway, have a hug and put it down to her ignorance :hugs:

Take care,
Nigel

eloelo
19-11-10, 17:51
thank you Nigel
I just felt so annoyed by it, that if i didnt write it down i would have had a panic attack just thinking about it, as i could feel all the tension building up inside of me.

Anyway i hadnt taken time off sick, i had been to a spa to try and relax for a few days, so much for that !!! back to square one

Nigel
19-11-10, 18:02
Sometimes writing it down does help cos it gets the thoughts out of our head. The spa sounded good, and don’t let your colleague’s grumpy mood spoil its effects. Perhaps she was secretly jealous of that??

Anyway, it’s the weekend now :yesyes:
Forget about it and do something nice for you :)

Take care,
Nigel

lizzie29
19-11-10, 18:10
Maybe she was having a bad day at took it out on you? Personally I don't think you said anything wrong, and it's quite over the top to not talk to you for the whole day over a remark about handwriting!
Anyway though, like Nigel said, it's good to let stuff out, we all need to rant at times. And don't let it ruin your nice time away, although easier said than done! Have you got any nice plans for the weekend? x

Anxious_gal
19-11-10, 18:58
wow she sounds a bit up her self lol
hope your ok :-)

eloelo
19-11-10, 19:50
Thank you for all your lovely comments and taking the time to read my rant. I know it sounded stupid but when anxiety levels are high just the littlest of things add to it. I've had a good cry and hopefully got it out of my system , will just have to face it on Monday, but for now il try and have a nice weekend and spend some time with my family.
Thanks again and I hope you all have a nice weekend anxiety and panic free !! Xx