PDA

View Full Version : Please Men Only? Male Privates Subject?

looking4answers
20-11-10, 06:50
Hi,

Need to ask some of the guys about a problem that has been bothering me and see if anyone could help me or if they have had something similar.

About three months ago my wife and I bought bikes.. We road about 3 miles a day with little or no problems and I would hurt in my bottom and in my hips but was willing to make a sacrifice for the way I felt at that time for the fun
of riding again. We bought better seats and more comfortable seats than came with the bike..you know for wider bottoms.. lol.. Anyway as time
progressed we started riding about 10 miles a day . Then one evening when I came in I started hurting in my privates.. When I urinated It burned and also hurt between my legs.

I was kind of worried but thought it would go away . That has been about two weeks ago now and im still having the same issues but not as bad.. The first three nights I would hurt and when I urinated it would sting but now It does't hurt most of the day and then at night when I have my legs
together and lying on the bed working on the computer it hurts between them and then my testicles hurt and also my penis stings.

I don't have any urinary infection or other problems. I don't have kidney disease or any disease or male problem but it still hurts after being off the bike for two weeks.Its getting better but hasn't gone away yet. I don't have any reddness or swelling .No lumps or issues.No fever so im pretty sure its dues to riding too long on the seat when it wasn't adjusted correctly but now im afraid I did permanent damage. I was researching the issue and saw and article about males riding bikes.They damage something called the pendendal nerve.It supplies sperm.,urine and blood to the penis..

I even got online and posted to a general practitioner that said it was probably due to being 56 and starting a new exercise and maybe the pudendal nerve..but he didn't say what to do for it .I hope he was suggesting that I give up bike riding .Im really worried..For one thing I don't want to give up bike riding and for another im afraid I have done some kind of damage "down there".

I don't have any std's or infections,no fever no nothing.. just kind of like a phantom pain of the bike seat between my legs..I don't want to go to the doctor for this and scared to go to the doctor to start with.This would really freak me out. I never heard of getting damage" down there" and rode a bike for many years when I was young.Could this just be from getting older? and hopefully its not permanent..Anyone that has experienced this or knows what the problem is please help.

Geoff2301
20-11-10, 10:09
Used to have similar problems years ago, after I'd ridden about 240 odd miles nonstop doing "12 hour " time trials..... I was fitter then!! Think its caused by the urine becoming to concentrated in the bladder and then it really stings as you know. You need to drink.... not alcohol!..... lots more which will dilute it down. Once the bladder has become iritated, it will take a bit of time to settle down. Make sure your saddle is not to high as well.... you shouldn't have to "rock" on the saddle at all. I restarted cycling a while back..... I'm a similar age to yourself....... try and do an hour flat-out most evenings but now its dark so early, bit more tricky. Go for the saddles which have a deep recess, front to back, in the middle..... saves pressure on the bit between your legs..... I found the ordinary "racing" saddles made my bits/pieces go a bit numb but the recessed saddles solved the problem.
There won't be any permanent damage but remember to drink a lot more. I find cycling is great for anxiety/depression problems too.

Anxious_gal
20-11-10, 12:09
http://www.examiner.com/sf-in-san-francisco/penile-pain-erectile-dysfunction-and-cycling-examining-the-connection

looking4answers
21-11-10, 04:09
Thanks Mishel. I had read some articles like this and a lot about the pendadal nerve and the symptoms are very similar to mine but Im not sure I qualify for the symptoms since I am very limited to the time that I have ridden.. but then again I have been riding off and on for about a couple of months and I think that I qualify for the over 3 hrs a week.

According to this article that you linked me to it seems that if you get the correct seat it will work out the problem.. but my problem is getting rid of the symptoms and then using the bike with the seat fixed..Pity that I never heard of this before I launched my time on the new bike. I just can't believe this as I have been riding a bike all my life.

My wife also said that she had a similar pain for several days until I fixed her seat so maybe it will go away soon.. Heres hoping..

Geoff.. You said it takes some time to heal but didn't say how much time.. Im anxious to get back on my bike with a comfy seat but not until this is healed.I got worried that it might be something permanent but now im realizing its probably not because being older just takes longer to heal. I had an injury on my foot back in the summer that took several months to heal. Im not used to things taking that long to get back to normal but guess im getting older and thats the norm..Listen.. thanks you two for the info .. Wish me luck and hope it heals on its on.. Michael

Geoff2301
04-12-10, 12:43
I found the problem cleared up in about 12 hours........ once you get the saddle set up correctly, it shouldn't return.

looking4answers
04-12-10, 23:02
Hmmm.. It is here and there..comes and goes..Guess its being older causes it to take longer.Thanks for your reply.Michael

HarrogateChris
05-12-10, 00:07
The wider saddle may not suit your anatomy as well as it suits a female one. Men have a narrower pelvis. I'd try going to a narrower saddle and making sure it's well adjusted especially making sure it's not nose up at the front.

Drink lots of water too :)

Chris

looking4answers
05-12-10, 00:14
Thanks Chris..I will try it .. Michael

Mr JR
27-12-12, 21:19
hello..
MY NAME IS JR AND ABUT TWO DAYS AGO I NOTICE A SWALLOWING BETWEEN MY LEFT TESTICLES AND MY THIGH..IT IS SUPER PAINFULLY AND I CANT SIT OR LAY DOWN WITH OUT IT HURTING..SUPER SWALLOWING AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHATS WRONG..SOMEONE PLEZZ HELP ME

Anxious_gal
28-12-12, 03:19
It might be a cyst or a lymph node. You should go see your doctor :)

Emphyrio
28-12-12, 21:28
Yeah - don't be embarrassed. Doctors have probably seen it all in their time.