PDA

View Full Version : ovarian worries

SBG
20-11-10, 11:58
I am 35 and have 3 girls aged 11, 8, and 6. I have dyspepsia since 5 years and IBS. I suffer from depression on and off and have started anxiety since last year. Recently i have started pain on my right lower abdomen and lower back which goes to my leg. I have been to Dr. and had my smear done in end of october which came back clear apart from they said i have cervical erosion because once i beld after sex. I am worried i have ovarian cancer, i saw gynaec this february and had my scan in which they said i have enlarged ovaries and bulky uterus and fibroids. Since my pain has started i am sure i have some sort of cancer in my stomach. I am having my pelvic scan on monday and going to see gynaec in December 24th, which issss very long wait. Please advice is it cancer? I have become constipated and crying and crying... I don't what will happen? I have no family of my own only my husbands family. I am homesick and i want to go back to India.

JJ76
20-11-10, 13:22
Hi Just wanted to re-assure you that the docs are doing the right type of investigations. Cervical erosion is very very common and the fact that you had a clear smear is re-assuring. Some of the symptoms you have could be from your IBS and also from the fibroids. Speak with you hospital PALS service they may be able to put you in touch with someone from your own ethnicity and also will have lots of details of support groups to help you in general. Also it may be worth speaking with your doctors secretary to see if you can get an earlier appointment to help ease your mind. Hope its goes ok.

SBG
20-11-10, 19:29
Thanks for your reply. I am worried about any sort of cancer. i am worried about my monday scan, although i had a CT scan this january which showed enlarged ovary and bulky uterus, just wondering anything to do with my pain. Once again thanks for your help.

JJ76
20-11-10, 22:51
Fibroids which are non cancerous growth can cause pain and discomfort as they press on the other internal structures so that may be the cause. Do let us know how you get on.

SBG
21-11-10, 18:31
Do you get lack of appetite with anxiety and depression? I have no apetite at all from the past week, which was not there before. I am not sure is this anything to do with anxiety /depression or cancer?

JJ76
21-11-10, 21:56
It can be symptom of anxiety and depression - I have seen several posts on here who have talked about lack of appetite when things are bad. Also on a personal level I know if I am anxious I do not want to eat and spent six month only being able to eat to items of food.

SBG
24-11-10, 15:01
just had my scan report and dr. said everything is clear. but i still have pain which comes and goes right below on the right side and it radiates to my
back. i don't know what it is? I am still not convinced what to do. I did go and see my Dr. today and she said it is a spasm, not happy with the answer!!! any ideas??