PDA

View Full Version : I sure missed y'all

Hears The Water
08-03-04, 02:46
Hey folks, I had some hairy computer problems and I was unable to visit here for a couple of weeks. I realy realy missed y'all. Well, I had some wonderful victories whilst (ooooh my typing is getting so cultured talking to you Brits!)I was gone. The big major one was that I got my drivers licence. I had been driving since I was 16 but four years ago it expired and I did not know it. Long story, involves letters that I never got. Anyway, by the time I realized that my licence had been expired I was so deep into the panics and phobias I just couldn't bring myself to go thru all the trauma involved for me to get a new one. So I drove around illegaly for so long. It realy worried my hubby, I know it was VERY irresponsible. Then by the time I thought I could handel the panic involved in taking my test, our cars would not be qualified for the test to be taken in. So This year we finally got a good van for me (totally an answer to prayer) and I buckled down and studied. I went last Wed. to take my written test and I only missed one question. I did wear my gloves to take the test and I had to wipe off the vision tester, but I did great. Then I took the driving test and the man that was in the car with me (A HUGE fear for me) was very nice and he didn't think it at all odd that I had my gloves on. I only missed two on that test and I passed!!! I was so proud of myself. My hubby John told me he was proud of me cause he knew what all I had to overcome in order to do all of that. I was emotionaly wiped for two days after that but I did it!!!! None of my friends knew about it so I knew y'all where the only ones I could tell of my victory. Now I am getting ready to go get my eyes checked so I can get new glasses. Another big scary, but necessary. Keep my in your thoughts and prayers. I should be back in the chat room soon. Thanks for all your support and help. It realy has helped me having your support!!
God bless you and yours
Debbie

Laurie28
08-03-04, 15:04
Debbie,

Definetly another one for the success stories!!!!

Well done for the driving test!! Even the calmest of people are nervous on that score!!

It took me 5 attempts to pass mine (and that was b4 GAD got me!!)

You done great - keep it up

lucky

nomorepanic
08-03-04, 21:12
Debbie

Well done to you - what an achievement!

See what you can do when you put your mind to it.

good luck at the opticians too.

Nicola

Meg
08-03-04, 21:52
Debbie,

Many congratulations indeed.

Meg