PDA

View Full Version : My Tiggy -Devastated

PoppyC
20-11-10, 12:37
Woke this morning to find our beautfful cuddly little fluffy cat - just under a year old - being his usual self, full of life. I walked into the lounge later and he had passed away. He just lay there on the floor. He had not been ill or anything, and had been eating well and no signs whatsoever of illness.
I am so heartbroken. I have 4 pets - now 3 - and never experienced death of a pet before.
Partner has gone with him to the vets and have said my Goodbyes.
My dog who got on so well with him is being very quiet :weep:
He was a stray that had been left by tthe travellers when my partner found him and he narrowly avoided death then due to how he had been left.
Could I have a hug please because I am so hearbroken.
I love you Tiggy :weep:

jillyb
20-11-10, 13:08
Oh Poppy, your post made me want to cry .... poor you. I am sending you a big HUG x

lizzie29
20-11-10, 13:18
That's so sad, losing a pet is really hard. Thinking of you and sending you big hugs. x

JT69
20-11-10, 13:36
Hi Poppy,

So sad...thinking of you and sending a hug....

Jo.xx

Catherine01
20-11-10, 13:47
So sorry to hear that x

Geoff2301
20-11-10, 13:53
Woke this morning to find our beautfful cuddly little fluffy cat - just under a year old - being his usual self, full of life. I walked into the lounge later and he had passed away. He just lay there on the floor. He had not been ill or anything, and had been eating well and no signs whatsoever of illness.
I am so heartbroken. I have 4 pets - now 3 - and never experienced death of a pet before.
Partner has gone with him to the vets and have said my Goodbyes.
My dog who got on so well with him is being very quiet :weep:
He was a stray that had been left by tthe travellers when my partner found him and he narrowly avoided death then due to how he had been left.
Could I have a hug please because I am so hearbroken.
I love you Tiggy :weep:
I know how you feel when I found one of my little cats had been killed on the road outside the house...... I was always chatting to her much to my son's annoyance!!....... I think it might be a bit late/waste of money to take it to the vets now though. Our garden is like a cemetery for various pets over the years lol!!

sammi
20-11-10, 14:07
:bighug1:

ditzygirl
20-11-10, 14:30
:bighug1:how awful, that is so sad.
thank goodness that he found you though and had a loving if short life.
Take carexxx

pollyanna
20-11-10, 14:35
poppy, this is so so sad, sending you big hugs and thinking of you, i know the heartbreak of losing a precious fur member of the family xxxxxx :hugs:

suzy-sue
20-11-10, 14:44
:weep:Oh Im so very sorry Poppy How terrible .Thinking of you and Sending you Strength and hugs ..Luv Sue :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:xx

bottleblond
20-11-10, 16:23
Poppy

I am so sorry huni. :weep: How very sad!!

Sending love and hugs to you gal

Lisa
xxx

:bighug1::hugs::bighug1:

michelle123
20-11-10, 16:25
Oh no, so sorry to hear of your sad news sweetie, big hugs coming your way x
:hugs: :bighug1:

Anxious_gal
20-11-10, 19:58
hugs x x x sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Hazel B
20-11-10, 20:09
So sorry, sending a big hug.

:hugs:x

moomintroll
20-11-10, 21:01
Poppy I am so sorry to hear that. Big hugs:hugs:

Dizz
20-11-10, 21:18
Awww Poppy I'm so sorry to hear about little Tiggy:weep:

Big hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

PoppyC
20-11-10, 22:10
Thank you all so much for your replies and hugs. It has helped me. It really has.
Today has been the most awful day and I cannot wait until the days pass and the pain eases.
I have spent most of today in tears and being sick, having anxiety attacks, cannot eat anything, feeling better one moment and then crying the next - the pain is so intense. My stomach aches with the hurt. My anxiety has got really worse. I feel so sick.
My partner took Tiggy to the vets, and they were really good - very kind and caring. The vet thinks it was a quick sudden death. He thinks he had either a stroke or sudden heart attack, even though he was very young. He had not been ill. He was running around previously and had eaten his food and no change at all in his behaviour.
The vets are looking after him over the weekend, and then on Monday he goes to the pet crematorium, and then we are having his ashes back. I am going to scatter them at the field at the bottom of our garden, (now known as 'Tiggys Field' because he loved going there.
I actually took a lot of photos of Tiggy 2 days ago.
My other cats are being very subdued and so is my dog. My dog was actually licking the tears off my face for me.
Going sleep again now.
Thank you all for your hugs and replies.

suzy-sue
20-11-10, 22:18
OOh thats so sad Poppy ...Your dog senses your sorrow bless him .Hope you feel a bit better tommorow and you can show us the pics when you feel the time is right .Take care thinking of you .Sue :hugs::hugs:xx

xBettyBoopx
20-11-10, 22:24
Dear Poppy

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so heartbreaking. No words can comfort you, I know.

http://i.123g.us/c/pet_lossofpet/card/301238.jpg

Love
Els

JaneC
20-11-10, 23:49
I so sorry Poppy :hugs:. I love my cats so much and know how heartbreaking it is to lose one :weep:

PokerFace
21-11-10, 00:08
So sorry to hear that Poppy, I lost one of my cats a couple of months ago and it really is devastating. :hugs:xxx

paula lynne
21-11-10, 00:10
Im sorry about your cat Poppy x

missy007
21-11-10, 00:13
:hugs:Poppy we lost our beloved tiggy 2 years ago - he was 12 - and my daughters baby - she used to carry him about like a handbag - he was tiigger but she used to call him tiggy b (baby) he went missin for 4 days and hubby found him in next doors garden. He is buried outside our back door with a rose bush called "carefree days" which he always had. :hugs:

shaka
21-11-10, 01:38
:bighug1::bighug1:
thinking of you

PoppyC
21-11-10, 20:43
Thank You for all your lovely replies and I am so sorry for all those who have lost pets. It is totally devastating isnt it?
I cannot cope anymore.
Tiggys ashes come back to us in a weeks time.
No one knows why he died and he wasnt even a year old. It would cost over a £150 fee to have a post mortem and it is already costing £140 just to have his little ashes back,
I am devasted. I feel its my fault. I feel like I did something wrong. Maybe I over fed him? Maybe I missed any signs.
I cannot cope not knowing why he just died. I can have an explanation but as usual there is always a massively high fee, which I just cannot afford.
Tiggy was so ill when we found him, and I brought him back from a very ill near death kitten to a much bigger healthier cat and then for no reason he suddenly collapsed and died.
I am so useless at everything I do. I loved that little cat with all my heart and then just when he gets better he gets snatched away from me.
I feel so unhappy I just want to get my coat and bag and disapear. I cant cope. It hurts too much.

Nigel
21-11-10, 21:01
Aww Poppy... :hugs:
It was so sad reading about little Tiggy. Reminds me of Mum’s Tiggy who sadly died just before Christmas a few years ago.

Please don’t think it was your fault because it wasn’t. Who rescued him? Who nurtured him back to life? Who gave him a loving home and a happy life? Who named a field in his honour? He was a very special cat with a very special owner :)

Sometimes things happen and we never know why. Trying to find an answer won’t make any difference, but remembering Tiggy with fondness will.

Take care,
Nigel

JaneC
21-11-10, 21:08
Oh Poppy don't blame yourself :weep:. If he had a stroke or heart attack there's absolutely NOTHING you could have done. One good thing that you could maybe try to hang on to is that he didn't suffer. The last cat I lost had a tumour in his stomach and it was awful to watch him fade away and be miserable in the couple of weeks before the vet diagnosed this and he was put down. Before that I had one whose kidneys failed and he also had a couple of very bad days before the vet decided there was nothing more they could do do. Both of their deaths affected me really badly

I'm so so sorry that you feel so bad. Really wish I could do more than just send a :hugs:

PoppyC
21-11-10, 21:09
Thank you Nigel. It is just the not knowing what is killing me.
Why would a healthy little cat just die. There was no blood, vomit or anything. I want to know so much what happened.
My mum and dad died in the past 2 years and I knew what happened and for some reason I feel more grief for my little cat then back then. Please dont be shocked.
I cant help but feel I let him down. He was eating and running around before he died, so why???
Why dont I know this isnt going to happen to my other pets - 2 cats and 1 dog (above pic)
I know it sounds stupid but I keep thinking is this punishment for something I have done wrong.
Everything is so expensive at the vets and it annoys me so much because we did everything right - vaccinations, neutering...everything and the best care I could possibly give and so much love...and then he gets snatched away. Why????????
I really cannot cope with the pain. I just want him back so much.

LucyR
21-11-10, 21:19
Hi, I was really sad and touched by your story. Just under 2 years ago now I had a little cat who sadly died. He was from the Cats Protection League and I was not able to home him immediately as between the time of first seeing him and going back to home him, he had caught cat flu, so I had to wait a few weeks until he made a recovery. Oscar still had a slight wheeze but I thought nothing of it at first. He then developed rasping breathing and had an injection for an upper respiratory tract infection, caused by having cat flu. Oscar was very active sometimes, then he would have spells of lethargy and listlessness. Oscar only lived until he was 20 months old as he took one of his lethargic spells and he got worse, going floppy and off his hind legs. The vet euthanized Oscar and it was heartbreaking. I really know how you feel, its a hurt as bad as losing a loved one, a human being, and it takes a very long time to get over it as well. I got a written explanation from the vet without having to pay anything. They were not sure of the cause of Oscars demise, cat flu, fiv, felv, were all given as possibilities, but as no blood work had been done a definative answer was not available to me. It does sound though that your cat had no previous illness symptoms and just died suddenly, from whatever natural cause that was you most likely will not know, unless you are willing to pay for a post mortem, which of course will not ease your pain or bring back your cat. I would say savour the good times and photos of your cat and perhaps find another little kitten or cat to rehome and love, which is what I did.

Nigel
21-11-10, 21:30
Why???
Sometimes – even with people – things like this happen. At least Tiggy didn’t suffer.

I remember when another of Mum’s cat’s died – not her Tiggy but his brother. He was only 5 or 6 and, although he had been unwell for a short while, it was still quite sudden and we didn’t know why. The vet gave his opinion and said he would do a post mortem if we wanted, but also said it would make any difference to the outcome. We thought about it and it didn’t seem right. Coco was at peace and the though doing that to him was horrible. It’s not as if it would bring him back. So we never found out for sure.

“I know it sounds stupid but I keep thinking is this punishment for something I have done wrong.”

I think everyone does that – I know I have. It’s just clutching wildly at straws in an attempt to find an explanation though. But as you said – you did everything right, and Tiggy was lucky for that. Sometimes things just aren’t meant to be, and it’s sad :sad:

I’m sorry Poppy :hugs:
Nigel

paula lynne
21-11-10, 22:28
aww poppy, I just wish i could give you a big hug in person :hugs:

Going home
21-11-10, 23:02
Poppy, so sorry to read that you've lost your little cat. The cat I have now, maggie, had a sister who we lost a few years ago and I remember how sad it was for us all. Sounds silly but maggie was never the same afterwards and even now she still looks for her sister sometimes. It must have been a shock for you with it being so sudden.

Best wishes
GH xxx

ljd
21-11-10, 23:11
I am sos sorry to hear the sad news tc

xBettyBoopx
22-11-10, 00:01
Thank You for all your lovely replies and I am so sorry for all those who have lost pets. It is totally devastating isnt it?
I cannot cope anymore.
Tiggys ashes come back to us in a weeks time.
No one knows why he died and he wasnt even a year old. It would cost over a £150 fee to have a post mortem and it is already costing £140 just to have his little ashes back,
I am devasted. I feel its my fault. I feel like I did something wrong. Maybe I over fed him? Maybe I missed any signs.
I cannot cope not knowing why he just died. I can have an explanation but as usual there is always a massively high fee, which I just cannot afford.
Tiggy was so ill when we found him, and I brought him back from a very ill near death kitten to a much bigger healthier cat and then for no reason he suddenly collapsed and died.
I am so useless at everything I do. I loved that little cat with all my heart and then just when he gets better he gets snatched away from me.
I feel so unhappy I just want to get my coat and bag and disapear. I cant cope. It hurts too much.

Last August I was exactly where you are now. I know exactly how you feel and the guilt ate me up too. My cat Lady was healthy or so I thought and she just died, I couldn't take it, made my anxiety worse + all the grief and guilt was too much. I wanted to run away as far as I could. I still hurt but not as much. Time Does not heal but you will learn to live with it.

Please pm me if you want to chat.

Els
xxxx

PoppyC
22-11-10, 13:50
Thank you everyone. I am going to read all the replies and then reply properly.
I must sound like I am a mad woman - but what has happened has just made my anxiety and all the rest escalate so much.
I got my coat and boots on,grabbed my bag and ran off last night. leaving my partner looking at me gone out! I ran down the road crying, went down the country lane near me, no one around, and cried so much. I dont know why...I just wanted the pain to go...not sure,I didnt want to come back to the house, but I thought my partner may have ended up ringing the police and at the worst I would probably get sectioned! and I thought mainly of the fact my other pets all need me to be there for them, and so I walked back home.
It was only later I realised that it was the first time I have been a distance literally on my own for months, and I never even thought about my agoraphobia.
Today I feel still upset but the pain is less intense.
I wait a week for the ashes to come back to me.
Thank you all so much. I will reply properly to everyone later. xxx

Hazel B
22-11-10, 15:32
Poppy, my heart goes out to you. Please know you did everything right, you are a loving and caring owner who knows how to look after your pets. Sometimes these shocking things happen suddenly and we may never know why. It's not your fault.

I understand losing a pet is awful, I still grieve for my sweet cat Amos who was run over a few years ago, I miss him every day. I still have his sister with me.

You did nothing wrong and you won't be sectioned for grief, please don't think that. Don't blame yourself, it seems like Tiggy had a good life thanks to you and your kindness.

Please look after yourself and take care. x:hugs:

Nigel
22-11-10, 17:00
Hi Poppy,

I’m pleased that you’re feeling a bit better today. It will get easier with time.

For some reason I found myself reading one line over and over again –

“It was only later I realised that it was the first time I have been a distance literally on my own for months, and I never even thought about my agoraphobia.”

I’m probably being really silly but I couldn’t help thinking that Tiggy was with you last night. He wanted to do something for you as a big thank you for all the things you did for him, and he wanted to help you beat your agoraphobia. I think a part of him is still living strong in your heart, and that part will always be with you.

Take care,
Nigel

pollyanna
22-11-10, 18:17
poppy, i so feel your pain, i have lost 3 cats, one was run over and her name was poppy, and i still miss her desperately, after poppy i adopted 2 sisters phoebe and chloe, who i got from cats protection, they were very ill not long after i got them at 10 weeks, and it didnt get much better, i nursed them both through much illness, and then lost them both to felv ( feline leukemia) when they were just a year old, i was devastated. and you are right it feels like a intense physical pain, and a deep longing to turn back the clock and have them all here again.
i think it is a lovely gesture to call the field at the bottom of your garden , tiggys field... he will always be there..

love and hugs

p xx:hugs:

Vixxy
24-11-10, 16:10
:bighug1:I'm so sorry to hear that Poppy. Try to focus on the life Tiggy did live. You saved his life and gave him a loving home and made him happy. He could easily have died when he was abandoned, so by taking him in you've given him a happy life. It might have been short, but it was a good life.
He'll be with you always in your thoughts.

PoppyC
26-11-10, 14:16
I can't believe all the replies!!! :ohmy: Thank You to everyone for being so kind and supportive to me during the past week. I read all the replies and all the things that are written in them, have helped me so much.
I am feeling better now. As the days have gone on, so it is becoming that bit easier to deal with. I never knew just how heartbreaking having a pet die was. Tiggy's ashes come back to me this weekend in a wooden casket and I have decided now to put him in his favourite part of the garden where he used to love to lie, amongst the flowers.
Hugs and love to you all X

http://th206.photobucket.com/albums/bb121/hilbrink9/th_k9ord1.gif

Hazel B
26-11-10, 14:21
Take care, will be thinking of you at the weekend.

PoppyC
26-11-10, 18:24
Thanks Hazel :hugs:

Hazel B
26-11-10, 19:22
No worries, I know how devastating it is to lose a beloved cat. You're a loving and careful owner, you did nothing wrong.

gaaron
26-11-10, 19:32
Oh darling I can't begin to think how you feel. I had to have my Sassy put down last year and today I got a sample of kitty kat through the post!
Take care and loads of hugs to you and your family:bighug1:

PoppyC
26-11-10, 20:15
Hi Gaaron
I am sorry about your cat. Oh no...Getting a sample of cat food through the post - poor you - that must have hurt :weep:
I am slowly getting used to Tiggy not being around. I just dont understand why a healthy little kitten would just suddenly go...he wasnt ill...not off his food...nothing. 1 moment he was eating, then playing, then gone and just lying there on his side on the lounge floor.
The 2 other cats, who are young too, are missing him, and the dog keeps looking for him :weep: I want another kitten but will wait until I am over Tiggy going so suddenly. I will get a rescue one, like the others and Tiggy was.
Anyway thank you for your message. Sending you hugs. I was about to reply to your post. Will do that now....:hugs: