PDA

View Full Version : chest pain acid reflux

melvin
20-11-10, 17:23
hi guys anyone get chest and back pain with acid reflux . iv had it for days now been AE they did ECG said all ok been wk in center to day cause iv felt sick for 3 days and bad stomach they took blood pressure urine test all ok iv took my blood pressure just now 118 /83 89 pulse. i keep thinking its my heart and its setting me off

Anxious_gal
20-11-10, 18:13
can you describe the pain?
for me with acid it's a burning, squeezing pain, then with indigestion it can be an aching.

melvin
20-11-10, 18:17
id say sharp pain

GAD
20-11-10, 18:20
I'm getting this but dont know if its due to acid reflux - been worrying all day because its in my chest and one side of my back very high up and every now and then it goes to the other side. Its been driving me mad all day.

Anxious_gal
20-11-10, 18:23
hmm I don't know if I have ever got a sharp pain in my chest, I do often get them in my rib cage. I'm not sure what would cause it.

I googled for you.
"
Precordial Catch Syndrome (PCS) is the most common cause of recurring chest pain. It is also sometimes known as “a stitch in the side” or “Texidor’s twinge”. It occurs most often in children and teenagers, but does persist into adulthood as well. The pain occurs just under the left nipple, near where you feel the heart beat most strongly on the front of the chest, and comes on very suddenly.
The most accepted theory is that the pain is the result of a pinched nerve somewhere.
People experiencing PCS need no particular treatment at all. Usually, just the reassurance that they aren’t having something dangerous happening is all that they need to hear to set their minds at ease. PCS should not interfere with normal activity, and there’s no reason to use any form of medication."

I hope that helped to ease your mind.

Anxious_gal
20-11-10, 18:25
it could be muscular too, out of ten how bad would you say the pain is?
aw ya I know it's soooo hard not to worry because when your in pain you assume something is wrong :-(

83 heart rates ok, mine goes up to 180 when I get heart palps,

Anxious_gal
20-11-10, 18:27
also I have heard a lot of people get indigestion and chest pain and end up in the ER because they think they are having a heart attack, so in that sense your not alone, it seems to be quite common.

melvin
20-11-10, 18:40
thanks for your replys guys i took 2 pain killers and it seems to have worked

Anxious_gal
20-11-10, 18:41
yay thats good :-)

sammi
20-11-10, 19:34
Could be acid reflux the pains awful. Its not your heart if ecg was fine. You will be fine hunni :) xx

bottleblond
20-11-10, 19:46
I get this too and i also suffer from acid reflux.

My pain can be a sort of tight ache and can radiate to the back.

When i don't have it, i can reason with myself but when i do have it, it scares the b'jesus out of me so i completely understand how you feel.

I was told to cut out tea/coffee. Spicy foods. fried foods ect. I never did it though. lol

Hope you feel better soon

Lisa
x

vernon
25-11-10, 16:28
Hi Melvin sore throat is ok at the moment but, I have been getting out of breath and really worn out on little to no exercise. That goes to show how we with anxiety suffer, but you must try not dwell on it and just try and do something take your mind of things. There are lots of colds flue and chesty coughs around at the moment maybe you picked one up? An empty mind leaves room for the devil? Hope you are ok soon, Vernon

uk23
25-11-10, 18:18
Do you have a co-op or another store near you? If so you could always try buying a pack of Zantac, ive been using the stronger version (150mg) for 10 years now, can help a lot with acid.