PDA

View Full Version : Cannot relax at all

daisycake
20-11-10, 20:19
I am convinced there is something wrong with my heart, and that I will develop some kind of life threatening arrythimia. I am always dizzy, feel like I am being pulled backwards sometimes and other times pushed forward. i'm not getting a lot of ectopics but when I do they seem to go on forever, sometimes I get two or three in a row. I'm sure I have ventricular tachycardia and I'm scared that will end up in fibrilation or something (yep, google). I can't calm myself down and I can't think about anything else. I had an ECG on Tuesday and the nurse said it was absolutely fine but what if she made a mistake? People tel you to go by your instinct... I really don't know what to do to help myself. I have my GP this tues to discuss the ecg but I'm so scared, I'm even struggling to sleep at nighttime :weep:

Antonia
20-11-10, 20:31
Hi Daisycake, I am struggling at the moment too. Actually, I just had a huge "CryingFest" about an hour ago because I felt so overwhelmed by my palpitations. They have been so bad lately. They kept me awake all night and they've been with me all day. I understand your fear, and it may be hard to take seriously from someone like me, who is a basketcase, but I know you're fine. An ECG would have picked up something wrong with your heart and the nurse did not get it wrong. They see so many ECGs everyday they know exactly when something is wrong. So never fear, when you see your GP on Tuesday he's going to say the same thing. I'm awaiting results from my Holter test..I don't expect anything to be wrong. We're going to be ok. Take care, and write anytime at all. Antonia

Antonia
20-11-10, 20:36
PS - have you ever been on this website: http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl . If you select 'Symptoms and Concerns' you will see a 6 part listing about Heart Palps 101. It is very very good at explaining palps and the symptoms we experience. The person who runs the site is RLR, a retired Dr. You can post questions and read other posts to...It's a great site.

sammi
The ecg would pick something up hun. I know its hard I have the same anxiety over my heart but that's exactly what it is anxiety :) I don't think your gp would miss anything wrong with your heart on an ecg she knows what she's looking for. X

Worry-wart
Thump thump thump all night. And worse in the morning. It's anxiety. I've had it for a year and a half now. I don't even get panicky over it anymore. It goes away usually when I'm taking ativan or when I am having particularly good weeks, but it is persistent.

Don't worry so much about it and work on the underlying stress.