PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and feeling down

silverfox
17-03-06, 12:07
Hi. I'm new here. I have been having anxiety attacks and thoughts that just go around and around. I was put on Citalopram and did'nt get on with it- too many side effects to cope with and it made me feel worse. My Doctor then triedme on Prozac - same thing and this time I came out in a rash. We decided that I am one of these people that are sensitive to AD's. So he told me to stop. I had to go 'cold turkey' and it was'nt too bad... I had read some pretty bad things about withdrawal and I was scared.. I have found a natural product called HTP-5. Its a seratonin booster and has no side effects..:-) I've been taking it for a month now and I am starting to feel better. I just wanted to share this with you as someone may find it helpful for them. You can buy it from any Health shop. It helps with sleeping and also curbs your appetite. I still have 'thoughts' but I am able to cope better with them.

Alexandra
17-03-06, 12:11
Hi

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Im on Citalopram & luckly for me have had no side effects where as i did before with Prozac.

Take care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

trac67
17-03-06, 12:36
Hi Silverfox,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Glad you have found an alternative that helps you.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Ma Larkin
17-03-06, 13:17
Hi Silverfox, welcome to NMP. It's great that you have found an alternative, it must be scary not being able to find an A-D, knowing that you need something to ease your symptoms. I've just started taking Prozac, this is my 2nd day, so far so good (no side effects but it'll take a while to get in my system I suppose) I tried Clomipramine before Prozac, but it made my anxiety worse, which brough on panic attacks. I still take Diazepam (only 2mg), which has been a godsend for me & I can take it with Prozac as & when needed.

You'll meet some great people on this site with loda & loads of good advice & reassurance for you. Its great to know we aren't alone in all this.

Take care.

Les

Meg
17-03-06, 16:40
Glad you're feeling better.

Welcome to the site

Hope you find some answers and comfort here.

Post if you cannot find what you are looking for

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Karen
17-03-06, 18:38
Hi Silverfox

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

nomorepanic
17-03-06, 19:16
Hi Silverfox,

Welcome aboard and lovely to hear that you are so much better now.

If you have any issues that you want some help with then please feel free to ask.

Nicola

silverfox
17-03-06, 21:53
Thank you all so much for such a warm welcome. How lovely to meet you all :-) Sometimes I do feel I need to talk to other folks who understand what its like to feel anxious and depressed.. I cant really talk to the people around me because they dont really understand and I think they 'think' I should pull myself together... its not that easy.. anyway thank you again for your warm welcome. :-)

clickaway
17-03-06, 23:54
Hello Silverfox and welcome!

You'll loads of people here DO understand. Most of us have this problem of others not really appreciating how we feel. That's the way it is.

Looking forward to your posts

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers