PDA

View Full Version : Can't breath properly

dodo
21-11-10, 10:19
I am having a real bad time at the moment. Every time I stand up I feel like I can't get my breath. I feel like frequently when I'm sat I'm gasping for air and something is smothering me.

The situation gets worse if I pick up my daughter and I gave to hold her or if j stand in line at the supermarket. I just feel like I'm going to faint or that I'm suffocating and need to get air.

Then sometimes I get skipped beats etc. Is that because of how I'm breathing? Does the way you breath give you skipped beats? Like if you tense ip and breath from your chest? I'm freaking out over this.

dodo
21-11-10, 10:20
Oh and dies anyone have any tips on what I can do to stop this happening?

baileys
21-11-10, 10:38
I suffered from this for a long time years ago, its a horrible feeling and very tiring.
When you feel anxious or focus too much on your breathing you tend to breath so your chest expands rather than your stomach and this can cause all sorts of weird sensations.
So make sure your stomach sticks out when you breath and not your chest, slow your breathing down a bit and breath out for longer than you breath in to get rid of all the air.
You wont get it right straight away but with practice you will.