PDA

View Full Version : Counselling course at college

darkangel
17-03-06, 12:12
I have just had a letter offering me a place on the COSCA Counselling Course at my local college, starting in April. It is an evening course which I am sure I can manage and I am really excited about it.

Not only will I be learning about a subject that means a lot to me but more importantly it will give me a chance to meet other people.

I have been to college in the past and I didnt cope. So I am going to get in touch with the Adult Learning Co-ordinator again to see if I can arrange meeting him to get me used to the corridors, etc. Instead of just waiting until the first night, I will practice going in so I am less afraid of the building.

This is a positive step forward for me and I can and will do it !

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Alexandra
17-03-06, 12:16
Hi Hun

Excellent news for you well done hun.

Let us know how things go once you settle down.

Oh im thrilled for you.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Piglet
17-03-06, 15:40
That's great news - all the best with it.:D

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

panicdiva
17-03-06, 15:54
Well done to you! What a lovely achievement & just imagine how proud of yourself you will be when you are finished! Good Luck & let us all know how you are getting on with it.

darkangel
17-03-06, 17:29
Well I went this afternoon to register for the course. I managed to get parked (an achievement in itself) I find walking about on my own difficult but I got into the college and I was fine. Mature student coming - watch out ! Completed the form, paid my money so thats me all ready to start!

It felt good. They are going to let me know where the room is as I have a fear of corridors and there are lots in colleges ! But I will face my fear.

Darkangel

andrew
17-03-06, 18:11
hi darkangel, well done and good luck for april .. tc andrew

tammyg
17-03-06, 19:57
That's fantastic news! What a positive step.

I think you are right to go and have a few practise runs.

Good luck with it!

Tammy x

Keitharcher
17-03-06, 20:24
Hi dark

Well done I hope the course goes well and you meet lots of people and get so wrapped up in the course you dont have time to worry about corriders and just want to get on with living again

Well done

Keith

feege
18-03-06, 09:06
WOW! Dark Angel that is absolutely fantastic! I bet you will really love it and it will be a whole new beginning for you!

Congratulations and enjoy every moment!

lots of love

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

nomorepanic
18-03-06, 15:22
Great news and congratulations and good luck with it.

Nicola

Meg
19-03-06, 00:51
Very well done and good planning on your part

We need good new counsellors !

Congrats

LOve
Meg

Karen
19-03-06, 04:31
Well done Darkangel and good luck with the course.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

darkangel
19-03-06, 11:34
Thank you everyone for you kind words and encouragement. I feel really positive about it and am looking forward to start.

Darkangel

QueenOfHearts
19-03-06, 12:34
I don't know you but i wanted to say well done for going for this course. You will make such a great counsellor because you'll have insight to people's problems and that will encourage people to open up to you more. It sounds like you have faced a lot of fears in going for this course. You should be very proud of yourself.

darkangel
20-04-06, 21:25
I DONE IT !!!!!!!!- I am just back from college class - I cant believe ive just written that - yes the anxiety was there and the fear but I stayed and coped.

I am on such a high, totally exhausted but I proved I could do it - and I loved every minute of it. Few anxious moments but I stayed with it and it went away. Cant wait til next week - if I can do this after being agoraphobic for 9 yrs anyone can. EFT does work and so does positive affirmations that and some bach rescue and doing relaxation cd before I went instead of the big 'What ifs'.

Thank you to everyone on here for their continued support.

Darkangel

nomorepanic
20-04-06, 21:30
A huge well done to you, what fab news to hear, I am chuffed for you.

Bet you are on a real high now!!!

Nicola

darkangel
20-04-06, 23:30
Thank you for this site, cos I came in on such a high and no-one to share it with - I live alone - so it was nice to tell someone.

Thank you again

Darkangel

Southern_Belle
21-04-06, 00:19
Darkangel,

Just read the great news! So happy for you. I know what a great feeling this must be for you.

Bel

carldourish
21-04-06, 11:53
WELL DONE DARK,

I believe you will make a excellent therapist, great to know that you our using EFT. This is such a wonderful painless technique, there will come a time when each Hospital will have a EFT Therapist. This is something that I am personal pushing forward within my local HHS District. This will be a wonderful tool for you to continue using and showing clients. Push the word, thats all I say.

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carl

Alexandra
21-04-06, 12:04
Hi Dark

Im so pleased to hear your latest news as the others have already said you will make a great councellor/therapist.

Well done hun.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

darkangel
16-06-06, 17:27
HI everyone

Just a little update - I am now approaching the end of Module 1 in the counselling course and I am so pleased I have made it this far.

10 weeks ago, my aim was to get into the college building and stay in the classroom for the 2 and 1/2 hrs.

I haven't missed a class (apart from my holiday) and yes I did have a panic attack once - due to a relaxation session and I panicked closing my eyes in a room full of people - but I stayed in the class and didnt run out - a HUGE acheivement for me. The other people in the group are fantastic and really supportive and understanding. Next week we are there for two nights as we are getting videoed and feedback from the group will be given the following evening - I am a bit apprehensive but I know I can do it. We also have a written assessment to write and do a 5 minute presentation - again I am a bit nervous but I will give it a go. Whether I pass or not is not the main issue - I will have proved to myself that I can attend college and stay in a classroom environment and mix well with other people. - I have got over my fear of corridors and when I am in class my thoughts are focussed on what I am learning so I dont have time to think about what is happening in my body.

This course has given me some confidence back and I am thinking about continuing with the next module next term.

Darkangel

Karen
16-06-06, 18:17
That's fantastic Darkangel. Well done for going and for sticking with it and I'm glad you are noticing the benefits.

Good luck for the video exercise and presentation.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey