PDA

View Full Version : Was I just unlucky?

JJ76
21-11-10, 13:43
I suffered from PND and was prescribed Cits 10mg then 20mg then 30mg. Initially I felt more normal more even but soon I noticed I was getting major PMT- I had suffered badly as a teenager but this had tapered off. Towards the nine month mark of being on Cits I felt murderous each month and had even began to self harm again- some thing that hadn't happened for around 8 years. I came very close to physically hurting others including my infant.:weep: I am still coming to terms with how I felt then. :meh::meh:
More than once I considered crashing my car I wanted to die but not via suicide as I didn't want my son to blame himself.
I noticed a link with PMT but also realised that PMT had only restarted after I started Cits (my periods started within 8 weeks of having baby despite breast feeding) I decided not to tell the GP as I was scared of having my son removed but I just blanket stopped them no weaning - it wasnt nice for a few weeks BUT by the time my PMT would have been starting the drugs were out the system and low and behold a more even time still a bit weepy but not ready to kill.
I have had other Anti ds Amitryptilline was my first ever had that once and a more modern one ? Seroxat and never anything like that had happened. When I hit my next low earlier this year I went to see the GP and when she was talking about the tabs and CIt again I broke down and told her what had happened although not all of it still fear my son being taken off me she immediately arranged for an urgent mental health care review time from GP to Psych team then to CBT was less than 6 weeks.
Was I just really unlucky? What family does Cit sit in as to be honest I would want to avoid the family at all costs should I ever need them.

JaneC
21-11-10, 13:58
Hi JJ, sorry you had such a horrible Cit is an SSRI, as is Seroxat. If you were ok on Seroxat, maybe it's just Cit you have a problem with, not SSRIs in general? Take care x