PDA

View Full Version : flashbacks / dream deja vu

sheephead
21-11-10, 14:29
HAs anyone had this before?
I had it about a month ago but put it down to a fair few drinks the day before.
But it's happening again today and I wasn't drinking.

Several times during the day I have felt this impending sense of dread and deep depression. It is followed by random thoughts of people and places. THis has a huge sense of deja vu but I'm convinced it's from dreams rather than real events - anxiety / depression related dreams.

Each episode leaves me shaking and sweating, confused and close to tears.

I really feel like I'm going mad this time. I am terrified.

the deja vu feeling intense- I'm sure i've had the dreams.

NoPoet
23-11-10, 00:34
Hi, sorry to hear you're feeling rough.

I would say that whether or not you are having deja vu, what you are experiencing simply sounds like a type of anxiety attack or a depressive blip. It does not sound like there is anything to be worried about.

Some people think deja vu is of great significance, others think it's just "processing lag" where something happens, but it takes us a split second to realise it. Because we have experienced this moment unconsciously, when our counscious, thinking mind catches up, it feels like we experienced that moment twice.

Maybe there is something involving your dreams. I've always believed that most dreams are simply the random firings of your imagination as you process memories and events, but there do seem to be times when our dreams mean something important. It does not sound like anything to worry about -- it just sounds like you're experiencing a blip and you're looking for explanations because you've not experienced blips like this before.

You'll learn to understand it. Don't rush yourself, just remember that you have come through a lot to get here today and trust that you will continue to do so.

sheephead
23-11-10, 15:12
Thanks pal
I have a neurologist appointment booked for next week anyway (for my double vision - honestly, it's one thing after another at the minute!!) so I will adress it with him / her.
I sometimes feel as though each time I feel I'm coming to terms with my anxiety it throws something new at me. Almost as though it senses I'm "beating" it and so it thinks, "right, let's see what the cocky little bugger makes of this."
Or perhaps I just have an over-active imagination!
I hope you're doing ok yourself - I noticed you said you were having a blip.