PDA

View Full Version : How long before pregabalin starts to work?

keval
21-11-10, 16:24
Hello everyone,

I'm new around here and started taking pregabalin a few days ago. Currently, my anxiety is through the roof and has been for many weeks. Indeed, I had to think twice before starting this thread. I've read all the threads in the pregabalin forum but it left me unclear as to how long it takes for pregabalin to work.

So, my question is quite simply - how long did it take before you became aware of the benefits of taking pregabalin?

As you will no doubt realize, I am desperate for this medication to be effective. I have tried many other medications - all of which have not helped. I should add that I have OCD and GAD.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

keval

JT69
21-11-10, 17:29
Hi Keval,

What dose are you currently taking?? It took a couple of weeks for me to feel the effects. I started out on 50mg then increased slowly. Pregabalin has turned my life around and helped enormously with the anxiety. I have GAD but it is really under control at the moment thanks to the meds.

Hope it helps you.

We are lucky as I know alot of other GP's wont prescribe it as it is very expensive.

Let me know how you get on. Jo.xx

keval
21-11-10, 18:30
Hi Keval,

What dose are you currently taking?? It took a couple of weeks for me to feel the effects. I started out on 50mg then increased slowly. Pregabalin has turned my life around and helped enormously with the anxiety. I have GAD but it is really under control at the moment thanks to the meds.

Hope it helps you.

We are lucky as I know alot of other GP's wont prescribe it as it is very expensive.

Let me know how you get on. Jo.xx
Hi Jo,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

I have been taking 150mg of pregabalin twice a day since Wednesday (17 Nov) so I'm only on my fifth day of this medication. This coming Wednesday, my psychiatrist has advised that I then take 150mg three times a day. I should point out that I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow to review the situation.

At this stage, I have had minimal side-effects although it appears that pregabalin exacerbates the effects of alcohol so I need to be careful. There is one side-effect of which I am aware but it falls into the 'am I permitted to talk about this?' category. Since I'm new around here, I have no intention of getting my wrist slapped!

I see that it took a couple of weeks for you to feel the effects. That's very encouraging and gives me hope, which is in short supply at present.

I will keep you informed of any developments.

All the best,

keval

keval
23-11-10, 17:27
Hi Folks,

Studying the pregabalin forum statistics (replies & views for all threads), I am now beginning to suspect that relatively few people are taking this medication. Consequently, my guess is that I'm only going to get a handful of replies - if that!

keval

ems43
23-11-10, 20:46
i have just started this eve... will keep you posted on my progress. Hate starting new meds but have heard such positive reviews about this one x

keval
24-11-10, 13:44
i have just started this eve... will keep you posted on my progress. Hate starting new meds but have heard such positive reviews about this one x
Hi ems43,

Many thanks for adding to this thread.

Please keep us updated regarding any developments.

Best wishes.

keval

ems43
24-11-10, 15:34
Hi Keval,

Well just started last night, felt ok, a bit more tired. But today, God I feel very weird, somewhere between being stoned and drunk! Spent most of the day in bed, feel very spacey and weird. Have you had these symptoms? I'm determined to stick it out as so many people think so highly of it.x

keval
24-11-10, 16:44
Hi Keval,

Well just started last night, felt ok, a bit more tired. But today, God I feel very weird, somewhere between being stoned and drunk! Spent most of the day in bed, feel very spacey and weird. Have you had these symptoms? I'm determined to stick it out as so many people think so highly of it.x
Hi ems43,

Isn't it incredible how different people respond to the same medication? From this comment, you will correctly surmise that I have not experienced any of the symptoms that you have described.

Do you mind my asking what dosage of pregabalin you are taking? And, do you take any other psychiatric medications? I will point out that I am not medically qualified. Just interested in gathering a few facts. Like yourself, I'm new to this medication and I intend to stay with it in the hope that I reap the benefits. I have decided to stay at 150mg twice a day for a little longer as I'm uncomfortable with the idea of ramping up the dosage too quickly. Besides which, I've only been taking pregabalin for a week so it seems premature to expect any reduction in anxiety so soon.

Wishing you the very best.

keval

ems43
24-11-10, 23:36
Hi kevel, I'm on 150mg, 75 in morn and eve. Am also on mitrazipine, an anti d that has sedative effects so that may be the reason why i feel more stoned etc. Strange, I have take my dose this evening and don't feel tired etc more stimulated, couldn't stop talking! I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us, damm it, we need a break hey!x

hanshan
28-11-10, 04:12
Hi Keval,

I'm taking pregabalin 600 mg per day (2 x 300 mg capsule - although I built up to that level over a couple of weeks) for generalised anxiety. It's been a godsend to me. I no longer wake up feeling anxious in the morning, and that constant sense that something awful was going to happen has gone. That's not to say that I don't have concerns and worries, but they're at a normal level, and I can deal with them like most people. For me, it worked quickly, but studies suggest about a week for it to have an effect. You may get benefit from combining it with another medication. I'm also taking mirtazapine 45 mg per day.

Side effects - I felt a bit spacey and uncoordinated for about three weeks, but that has subsided. I get a dry mouth from time to time, but having a water bottle handy fixes that. Apart from that, I feel ordinary. It greatly increases the effects of alcohol for me, so this is an area to take care.

Dosage - It's important to get a dose at a therapeutic level. Research studies suggest that significant improvement starts at around 150 mg per day and keeps improving up to 400 mg per day.

Best wishes,

Hanshan

Belfry1973
29-11-10, 20:18
Hi chaps

I'm another one on pregabalin, in fact I wrote the rather big diary about it a few posts down!

It took a week to work for me, I did get the euphoria feelings got strongly at first, but they did settle down, came back when I increased the dosage, am currently on 300mg, up for 150 when I started.
Occasionally I do still get the 'whooaahhh' feeling, however what me and JT found was that taking them on a full stomach, particularly in the morning really stopped that happening.
I do drink with them, however I have found that its no so much the alcohol increases the effects of the pregabalin but its the alcohol effects themselves that are increased! I can now only manage about 2 drinks!

Keep at it people, it's definately worth it!

keval
30-11-10, 15:36
Hi Keval,

I'm taking pregabalin 600 mg per day (2 x 300 mg capsule - although I built up to that level over a couple of weeks) for generalised anxiety. It's been a godsend to me. I no longer wake up feeling anxious in the morning, and that constant sense that something awful was going to happen has gone. That's not to say that I don't have concerns and worries, but they're at a normal level, and I can deal with them like most people. For me, it worked quickly, but studies suggest about a week for it to have an effect. You may get benefit from combining it with another medication. I'm also taking mirtazapine 45 mg per day.

Side effects - I felt a bit spacey and uncoordinated for about three weeks, but that has subsided. I get a dry mouth from time to time, but having a water bottle handy fixes that. Apart from that, I feel ordinary. It greatly increases the effects of alcohol for me, so this is an area to take care.

Dosage - It's important to get a dose at a therapeutic level. Research studies suggest that significant improvement starts at around 150 mg per day and keeps improving up to 400 mg per day.

Best wishes,

Hanshan
Hello Hanshan,

Thanks for your detailed reply, which is very informative and useful.

I'm still at 300 mg per day of pregabalin taken as 150mg in the morning (approximately 10:00am) and another 150mg at night (approximately 10:30pm). After precisely 13 days, I have not experienced any improvement in my anxiety. Nor have I had any significant side-effects with the very notable exception of that to which I hinted above. My psychiatrist had originally suggested increasing to 450mg per day after seven days but, being the ultra-cautious person that I am, I decided to hold out a little longer. However, I suspect that I'll take that leap tomorrow and then I'll be on 450mg per day.

I had noticed that several people are/were taking mirtazapine but I'm unclear whether this helps or not. I'll probe through some more posts to get a feel for this.

You make reference to "Research studies suggest that significant improvement starts at around 150 mg per day and keeps improving up to 400 mg per day". I'd be very interested in pursuing this. Can you point me in the direction of any research studies that address this topic?

Once again, thank you.

keval

keval
30-11-10, 15:48
Hi chaps

I'm another one on pregabalin, in fact I wrote the rather big diary about it a few posts down!

It took a week to work for me, I did get the euphoria feelings got strongly at first, but they did settle down, came back when I increased the dosage, am currently on 300mg, up for 150 when I started.
Occasionally I do still get the 'whooaahhh' feeling, however what me and JT found was that taking them on a full stomach, particularly in the morning really stopped that happening.
I do drink with them, however I have found that its no so much the alcohol increases the effects of the pregabalin but its the alcohol effects themselves that are increased! I can now only manage about 2 drinks!

Keep at it people, it's definately worth it!
Hi Belfry,

Thanks for your reply.

I have noticed that several people commented about taking pregabalin on a full stomach. Invariably, mine are taken on an empty stomach (particularly my morning dose) and I am unaware of having taken the medication. Hope this doesn't mean that it's not going to work for me!

keval

ems43
30-11-10, 19:12
Hi keval,

Just to let you know that i read an article the other day by BMJ on anxiety which stated it can take up to 4 weeks to have an effect, so don't be too worried yet. The research articles I have looked at seemt to assess patients anxiety using rating scales at the start and end of the trials, usually minimum 4 weeks, therefore it could be that it take that long for them to have an effect. I am now on day 6, and unlike you have experienced some pretty rough start up effects, feeling very stoned/ drowsy still and increase in panic attacks. I am also on 45mg mirtazipine, which is also sedative, so may be that these are just increasing the effects of the mirt. I am going to stick at it for at least another week, as Bels and others have had really good results. The other day I felt very low, scared that if this wonder drug did not work for me then nothing would! Spoke to my cbt therapist about it the other day who reminded me we all have different reactions to medications- one persons wonder drug is anothers nightmare. So, I guess just give it a shot and remember that if this doesn't work, there are lots of other things that can help. Are you on any other meds?

hanshan
01-12-10, 05:28
Hi Keval,

There's a review article at:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2654629/pdf/NDT-3-237.pdf

which cites a number of studies, summarized in a table.

Remember: these are studies - you're an individual.

What look like outright effects are actually averages for the group. Individual effects can vary quite a bit. Also, it looks like these groups started out on fairly hefty initial doses.

Do think positive (I know it's hard to do with GAD). It's always been my thinking that eventually something will work.

Best wishes,

Hanshan

keval
01-12-10, 12:24
Hi Keval,

There's a review article at:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2654629/pdf/NDT-3-237.pdf

which cites a number of studies, summarized in a table.

Remember: these are studies - you're an individual.

What look like outright effects are actually averages for the group. Individual effects can vary quite a bit. Also, it looks like these groups started out on fairly hefty initial doses.

Do think positive (I know it's hard to do with GAD). It's always been my thinking that eventually something will work.

Best wishes,

Hanshan
Hi Hanshan,

Thanks for replying.

Ironically, I am aware of the review article for which you have kindly provided a link. Clearly, I need to re-visit it and study it more closely! :blush:

All the best!

keval

keval
01-12-10, 12:52
Hi keval,

Just to let you know that i read an article the other day by BMJ on anxiety which stated it can take up to 4 weeks to have an effect, so don't be too worried yet. The research articles I have looked at seemt to assess patients anxiety using rating scales at the start and end of the trials, usually minimum 4 weeks, therefore it could be that it take that long for them to have an effect. I am now on day 6, and unlike you have experienced some pretty rough start up effects, feeling very stoned/ drowsy still and increase in panic attacks. I am also on 45mg mirtazipine, which is also sedative, so may be that these are just increasing the effects of the mirt. I am going to stick at it for at least another week, as Bels and others have had really good results. The other day I felt very low, scared that if this wonder drug did not work for me then nothing would! Spoke to my cbt therapist about it the other day who reminded me we all have different reactions to medications- one persons wonder drug is anothers nightmare. So, I guess just give it a shot and remember that if this doesn't work, there are lots of other things that can help. Are you on any other meds?
Hi ems43,

Thanks for the information.

I tried to search for BMJ articles online but it seems that one has to pay for them. Perhaps you would be kind enough to provide a link to the article you found about the "up to 4 weeks to have an effect". I guess it's possible that you have access to these articles but are not permitted to link to them. Or, perhaps you are in receipt of actual printed journals. Either way, I appreciate your pointing out the fact that it may take up to 4 weeks before we can expect an effect.

You asked if I am on any other medications. The only other psychiatric medication that I take is diazepam on an as-needed basis. In practice, this probably means taking no more than 25mg per week.

All the best!

keval

SarahG
01-12-10, 12:55
Hi Keval

I actually take only 75mg (1 x 25mg and 2 x 25mg) alongside a daily dose of Sertraline and this has been a godsend too. When I first got very ill and was put on medication for GAD and Panic, I found the Sertraline started to work okish. The doctor then added the Pregabalin which by taking it in the doses above morning and evening has really helped with that awful morning anxiety. I would say it took about 2 weeks to really kick in and despite my doctor saying she would increase gradually, I never needed anymore that this "hit" to get me through the worst times.

I really hope it works for you... I've not read from anyone who it hasn't worked for yet although people have posted about cheaper alternatives to this drug which have not been so effective. I guess we are the lucky ones whose doctors agreed to give us with incredibly expensive drug because yes, it does work! Best of luck and stick with it.

Sarah xxx

ems43
01-12-10, 13:04
Hi sarah, did you have start up side effects? I find that I feel ok on my evening dose, but for some reason the morning dose hits me really hard, I feel very spaced out for about 4 hours and don't really like the feeling. Did you experience this? I do hope this passes when i get used to it... have only been on it 7 days x

ems43
01-12-10, 13:05
keval, the link the the bmj article is http://bestpractice.bmj.com/best-practice/pdf/patient-summaries/generalised-anxiety-disorder-standard.pdf

keval
01-12-10, 18:03
Hi Keval

I actually take only 75mg (1 x 25mg and 2 x 25mg) alongside a daily dose of Sertraline and this has been a godsend too. When I first got very ill and was put on medication for GAD and Panic, I found the Sertraline started to work okish. The doctor then added the Pregabalin which by taking it in the doses above morning and evening has really helped with that awful morning anxiety. I would say it took about 2 weeks to really kick in and despite my doctor saying she would increase gradually, I never needed anymore that this "hit" to get me through the worst times.

I really hope it works for you... I've not read from anyone who it hasn't worked for yet although people have posted about cheaper alternatives to this drug which have not been so effective. I guess we are the lucky ones whose doctors agreed to give us with incredibly expensive drug because yes, it does work! Best of luck and stick with it.

Sarah xxx
Hello Sarah,

Thanks for the feedback.

I am still optimistic that pregabalin will do the trick. I've decided to delay the increase to 450mg per day until this Friday (3 December).

Several people have mentioned that pregabalin is a very expensive medication. It's academic really but, just out of interest, does anyone know what it costs?

keval

keval
01-12-10, 18:07
keval, the link the the bmj article is http://bestpractice.bmj.com/best-practice/pdf/patient-summaries/generalised-anxiety-disorder-standard.pdf
Hi ems43,

Many thanks for the link to the BMJ article, which I've now read.

keval

JT69
02-12-10, 14:55
Hi Keval,

I have a mims book but is 2008...at that time pregabalin 84x50mg =£96.60!! so expensive...and that is why some GP's wont prescribe it!! We are the lucky ones. Glad its going o.k for you. I know for me it has really helped me....I just wonder how I will be when I try to stop the mirtazipine that I am taking along with it...I currently take 15mg and intend to stop after Christmas!!!

TC
Jo.xx

hanshan
04-12-10, 05:14
Hi Keval,

A box of 56 x 300mg capsules costs about AUD150.00 in Australia at my local pharmacy, about GBP94.00. I get some money back from my private health fund, bringing it down to about GBP63.00 for 56 capsules.

The high cost is because Pfizer holds the patent on the drug and can charge what they want. I'm no organic chemist, but the molecule looks pretty simple to me, so when it comes off-patent, other companies should be able to manufacture it fairly economically and offer it at a much more competitive cost.

The other factor in Australia is whether it's approved for a particular use by the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme run by the Australian Government. If it's approved (it's not at the moment) the price for 56 x 300mg capsules would come down to about GBP21.00 for people in employment and about GBP4.00 for concession card holders.

(The prices quoted will vary with changes in exchange rates).

Best wishes,

Hanshan

keval
05-12-10, 15:03
Hi Jo and Hanshan,

Many thanks for the feedback about the cost of pregabalin. Now I see why people say it's expensive!

keval

keval
05-12-10, 15:27
Hi Folks,

Well, I've now been taking pregabalin for 18 days and have not experienced any benefits. My dosage is currently 150mg twice a day. My psychiatrist had advised me to increase to 150mg three times a day after the first seven days but I've been holding out for two reasons. Firstly, the sexual side effects give me a problem. That's why I started a separate thread on this very topic. Secondly, I was keeping my fingers crossed that my current dosage may do the trick.

So, today I shall step up the dosage to that advised by my psychiatrist. I really want and need this medication to work. My daily anxiety is causing me very severe distress and I am struggling. Although I am practicing techniques that I have just acquired upon completion of a CBT course for OCD sufferers, I don't expect any changes for several months. In my case, I have both OCD and GAD but sometimes it's difficult to distinguish between them.

It's time to cross my fingers (and toes) in the hope that pregabalin is going to help me.

keval

Belfry1973
06-12-10, 13:08
Good luck to you keval :bighug1:

My only opinion is that you have to tackle the underlying cause as well and I hope the CBT is helping with that. I havent tackled the underlying cause and I believe thats why I'm on my third raise in this medication (believe it? I know it!) I think the pregabalin helps in being able to see the situation and rationalise it more clearly.

Again, good luck

Bel
X

keval
06-12-10, 13:47
My only opinion is that you have to tackle the underlying cause as well...
Hi Bel,

Thanks for your kind words of support.

I totally agree with your comment above. Having been in therapy for more years than I care to remember, I know what the underlying cause of my anxiety disorders is. A traumatic childhood. I am ill-prepared to handle what life throws at me. In fact, I liken myself to a house built on quicksand. However, I now have two excellent therapists with whom I am working (not at the same time) and I hope to make progress.

I see the pregabalin as a temporary measure to help me through what has recently been an extremely tough time. But who knows what the future holds?

All the best!

keval

keval
08-12-10, 16:05
Hi Hanshan,

I'm interested in pursuing the above comment further. Particularly the statement that "It's important to get a dose at a therapeutic level". Are you of the view that one has to hit a daily threshold dose beyond which things start to happen? In other words, does a person need to reach a critical daily dose to reap the benefits of pregabalin?

Best wishes!

keval

Mac09
29-12-10, 10:03
Hello everyone,

I'm new around here and started taking pregabalin a few days ago. Currently, my anxiety is through the roof and has been for many weeks. Indeed, I had to think twice before starting this thread. I've read all the threads in the pregabalin forum but it left me unclear as to how long it takes for pregabalin to work.

So, my question is quite simply - how long did it take before you became aware of the benefits of taking pregabalin?

As you will no doubt realize, I am desperate for this medication to be effective. I have tried many other medications - all of which have not helped. I should add that I have OCD and GAD.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

keval

I agree with your comment above. Pregabalin is not expensive, Lyrica drug pharmacy store selling quality and cheap Lyrica tablets, with complete Lyrica drug information.
You can visit here : all-generic-drugs (dot) com I hope it ll helpful for you.....

keval
29-12-10, 15:19
Pregabalin is not expensive, Lyrica drug pharmacy store selling quality and cheap Lyrica tablets, with complete Lyrica drug information.
You can visit here : all-generic-drugs (dot) com I hope it ll helpful for you.....
Hello Mac,

Thanks for the information but I am currently being prescribed pregabalin by my National Health Service GP.

keval

jaynemarie
04-03-11, 10:45
Hi all found this thread reallly helpful. I am currently on 15mg of mitz and would like to try preg but doctor seems unwilling for me to try it any ideas why that would be ? x

oldtime
04-03-11, 10:55
Hi all found this thread reallly helpful. I am currently on 15mg of mitz and would like to try preg but doctor seems unwilling for me to try it any ideas why that would be ? x

Your doctor probably does not want you to have pregabalin which is a more specialist drug before you have had time to see if you respond to the more commonly prescribed treatments.

Jonnie Mac
06-12-11, 15:28
Hi all, some very interesting reading - seems im not alone in the world of Stress and Anxiety...Iv been unwell for nearly 3 years now and am now, just woke up one day noot feeling right...im in week 10 of pregabalin, started on 150mg, increased to 200mg by week 4 then upto 300mg from week 8 ... every day i deal with tension through the whole body, anxiety in that i avoid conversations, avoid crowds etc.. hand tremors, slowed movements (Cant even stir a cup of tea) slow walking, off balance, bad coordination etc etc .. oh and stooped forward when walking as no body strength, mostly i feel zapped (Exhausted) - So i am so desperate for Pregabalin to work...

My Psychiatrist is im told, one of the best in the military, i was originally diagnosed PTSD by local doctors, but to be fair they know nothing about ex/soldiers... this psychiatrist did a 2 hour assessment on me and told me what i have..........minor symptoms of PTSD but chronic severe anxiety disorder (GAD) at last after 2 years a diagnosis from someone who seems to know what hes talking about... he told me to expect no change for at least 2 months.... now on week 10, no changes at all so far...im being told to be patient...Id be grateful to know of anyone who has waited longer for any effect or has suffered similar symptoms

I have a 2 month review coming up so will let you know..

Good luck all

Jonnie

robinbrum
08-12-11, 10:27
I saw a psychiatrist last week who told me to go away and do some research on Pregabalin so I'm very interested to read the comments that are being posted here. I am going to see my GP next week and my decision will partly be informed by the experiences I have witnessed of others who are taking this medication.
I must confess that I am becoming increasingly frustrated and disillusioned with all medications that have been offered me in the past as none of them has ever worked. The last one I tried was Venlaflaxine which was one of the worst medications I have ever taken, I didn't get a single benefit from it over six months of taking it. I gained a lot of weight and walked around in a permanent state of drowsiness and lethargy. My mood if anything worsened because of these horrible side-effects and that is something I desperately want to avoid with Pregabalin.
I suppose I have been searching for a long time for an anti-depressant that would stimulate me as opposed to sedating me which I found with the Venlaflaxine. I don't know if such a medication exists, at least not in the UK as I was told in no uncertain terms by my psychiatrist that drugs such as Adderal and Wellbutrin are not approved over here or certainly not licensed for the treatment of depression.
I am not looking for a “high” or “buzz” from my medication but one of the worst things for me about depression is the constant feeling of fatigue and lack of motivation. It makes it very hard when you wake up after eight hours solid sleep feeling just as tired as when you went to bed the night before. It's very hard to accomplish even minor things when tired is your default mood all the time.
Sorry for waffling on. I would be grateful for any feedback and comments from fellow users, particularly those who are taking, or have taken, Pregabalin.
Thanks,
Rob.

gcwebbyuk
13-12-11, 06:19
Hi all. I just registered after finding this thread through Google.

I have been on 600mg Pregabalin (2x300mg) for nearly 2 years. I have it for nerve pain in my neck. I had 2 discs replaced back in Jan 10, so nearly 2 years.

Two weeks ago I discussed coming off of Pregabalin and trying Gabapentin with GP. I started coming off by lowering my dosage by 100mg each day.

During the first few days I felt great, I had no more pain, and my head seemed much clearer and I was less sleepy. By about day 5 though I started to get very nasty migraines and felt very unwell (sick). I spoke to my GP on day 7 who advised me to go back up to 300mg (2x150) and then to reduce the dosage slower as my body must have become dependent on the drug.

Unfortunately I have had to go back up to 600mg as the pain started to come back on day 10. I have been in excruciating pain since, and hoping that I start getting some relief from it soon.

I also take the full dosage of Piroxicam (Anti Inflamatory) and I take Oramorph as needed. I had been on roughly 3x5ml per day of Oramorph, but yesterday I had to go up to 6x5ml as the pain was just too bad.

I would advise people therefore that your body can become dependent on the drug over time, but in my case it seems that it was doing much more good for me than I realised.

ANG3LIC
01-06-12, 22:51
i due start this in 2week. just got diazepam n zopiclone til then, after many other med fails, does it make u feel same as valium? thanks x

headinthecloud
29-06-12, 23:16
Like ems43 I'm also taking Pregabalin and Mirtazapine together. I have these hypnic jerks that prevent me from sleeping you see, and I think the anti convulsive properties of Pregabalin will sort that out. I hope.

Just started the Pregabalin on day one so too early to say what I feel like. Been on Mirtazapine for 6 weeks now. The idea is for me to start tapering off the Mirt in four weeks' time. It's so complicated....

hanshan
30-06-12, 03:09
Hi Headinthecloud,

Hope it works for you. Keep posting to let people know. What levels of each medication are you taking?

Hanshan

headinthecloud
30-06-12, 08:56
Hello. Was really strange last night. Before taking Pregabalin, my first dose at 50mg, my hypnic jerk was a strong electric pulse that goes up via my spine to a point in my head at the point of falling asleep. When it's strong sometimes a leg shoots up but limb movement is rare.

Since taking my first dose last night I noticed that I still get that electric pulse - but my arms and legs are all over the place! I was actually very concerned. Eventually I slept but that's only because I was taking a Zopliclone (sleeping tablet).

Was it the medication that's doing it? Or did it just amplified something? It's like Periodic Limb Movement Disorder, but I didn't feel like I have it before....

Pregabalin shouldn't work like this the first time you use it at such a low dosage, should it? I read somewhere that it takes about a week to take effect.

neowallace
30-06-12, 10:06
Hi Guys

I am interested in all the comments made on the thread as I take this medication now. I started 150mg and I am now on 450mg. I did read about a study that the tablet did work for anxiety but more so in higher doses....450mg - 600mg. I was also told though you need to go through the doses as well. You don't just start on these higher levels. Please don't think I am saying that people cannot get benefit from lower doses this is just an article I read. I am on day 3 of the higher dose 450MG and I think it is helping. I also take 30mg of Duloxetine for depression.

Warm regards
Steven......:winks:

hanshan
30-06-12, 12:58
Hi Headinthecloud,

I'd let the medications settle in for a while before you start making cause and effect inferences.

I experienced hypnagogic myoclonus for many years - a shock-like muscular contraction throughout my body and subsequent arousal just as I was falling asleep. If I was particularly tense, it would be accompanied by a metallic "thwang" sound and a flash of light. I have to say that I actually welcomed these events, as I immediately felt much more relaxed and was quickly able to fall asleep.

My rationalisation at the time was that it was a primitive mechanism which helped to warn early humans against falling asleep in times of danger. This is purely my fancy, of course.

Hanshan

Sb100
27-10-12, 17:35
Hi, first post so be gentle :)

I came across your forum while searching for info about pregabalin- I started taking it last week.

I don't actually suffer from anxiety per se- although maybe I do. I started clenching my teeth really badly, and grinding them, around the time that my wife was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago.

I tried hypnotherapy initially as I've used it successfully several times before. It didn't work.

I then controlled the pain with masses of naproxen... But having read up at length, and having lost my dad to cancer of the oesophagus in January, I stopped that.

The key to it appears to be stopping me clenching at night. I now have a new mouth guard, think its called an NTI splint, which actually holds my front teeth apart while I'm asleep and moves the focus of muscle use away from the ones that are hurting me.

Anyway, it's called TMJ, temporomandibular joint disorder.

The doc tried me on tegretol, didn't like that much. I then went on low dose (10mg) amiltriptyline but it made really angry.

Doc suggested mirtazapine- 15mg. I only took one, couldn't function at all for two days.. Didn't have any more!

I then tried gabapentin, but I was struggling with continuous dose as I have to drive a lot with work and didn't feel safe if I took it in the morning. It doesn't work if you just take it at night, sadly.

Chronic pain clinic agreed to give me some Botox to immobilise the problem muscles. Took months to get it on the nhs as its not licensed for TMJ, although it has been used, successfully, privately. Hurt like sh** and did nothing so won't bother with that again!

We then tried amiltrip at a higher dose, 25mg then 50. It helped me sleep, and helped with the pain, no pain in the morning at all, but what I didn't realise was how depressed I was getting. Got to the point where I realised I hadn't eaten in three days, and realised I needed to stop. Never thought about scaling it down though, just stopped. What an interesting week that was!

Now we come to pregabalin. The consultant anaesthetist from a local hospital lives opposite and is a real good friend, he's asked colleagues in the chronic pain facility at one of the hospitals and they suggested pregab. I've been on it for 4 days, 75mg twice a day. Not doing much yet but I'll give it time!

Thanks for taking the time to read this, turned out longer than expected!

nogiets
26-02-13, 10:12
Hi - I am taking 25mg 3 times a day, and apart from a very dry mouth, don't appear to have other symptoms, if that helps anyone. Actually, I think I am a little bit better after 5 days - at least, I have started tackling one of the many things that I haven't been able to face at at all due to terrible anxiety. I still sleep erratically though, so it hasn't helped there. Any idea out there re dosage that seems to work, if you are (like me) virtually unable to leave house most days? Good luck to everyone with this ghastly anxiety that friends don't seem to understand. I am on my own which doesn't make life easy.

Mark13
26-02-13, 17:54
I believe most people taking pregabalin are on maximum, or close to maximum dose, of 600mg a day.

I'm on that, 300mg twice a day.

Works for me, but my anxiety although bad wasn't as disabling as yours. I was able to leave the house, but I couldn't cope with any interaction with people.

almamatters
26-02-13, 19:00
This medication seemed to take about 2 weeks to work for me. I am on 600 mg daily and was unable to interact socially , go shopping, drive or cope with most things before I was prescribed it.

JT69
27-02-13, 16:31
Hello

Although a lot of people disagree I take a very low dose and it has helped me. I only take 50mg twice a day and along with 7.5mg of mirtazipine has helped me enormously. At the highest I took 100mg day and night and 30mg of mirtazipine for a short time but I soon went back to 15mg and eventually 7.5mg as my GP wants me to stay on this lower dose.

Before I started on pregabalin I used to experience episodes of anxiety this has become much more manageable and I am so pleased with the results...just hope I stay like this.

Good luck on your journey with it all.

Jo.x

cappuccinomad
18-06-13, 08:22
Hi,I am on quetiapin,lustral and 10mg diazapam and still suffer bad in the mornings but get better later on.I have read so much about pregabalin.if my Dr would prescribe it would I feel better in the mornings if I took it at night.
positive answers only please.:blush:.

hanshan
18-06-13, 09:12
The only answer I can give is "maybe". You're already on a fairly potent combination of meds, and it may mean reducing or stopping one of them.

SarahH
19-06-13, 07:20
Hi cappochinomad,

I take pregabalin only (and Zopliclone for sleep). It works for me and I was in hospital my anxiety was so bad in March. Pregabalin is now considered the wonderdrug for anxiety but is NOT an anti-depressant. Maybe discuss with you Dr and request a psyhc appontment.

Best wishes Sarah

cappuccinomad
24-06-13, 07:59
Thanks Sara.I am going to the doctors tonight to see if I can be weaned of diazapam and on to pregabalin.Did it help you if so how long did it take to work.xx

---------- Post added at 07:59 ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 ----------

Thanks Sara.I am going to the doctors tonight to see if I can be weaned of diazapam and on to pregabalin.Did it help you if so how long did it take to work.xx

SarahH
24-06-13, 17:49
Take a look at my thread "pregabalin .....at last" it may help you decide. As Hanshan says you are on alot of different meds so speak to your Dr about which ones to change or not.

Take care Sarah

mouse109
08-08-13, 20:34
Hi i have been on pregab for only short time. It worked immediately - or rather i felt effects immediately. Only on 50mg x 2 . i do struggle to allow things to work for me and pregab is same. Worry is it seems to work as a muscle relaxant and wants to relax more an already worn out body. anyone els had this feeling. My psych says to continue but i cant help but think with such immediate effect, type of effect and such low dose for GAD, anticipatory anxiety that its not for me. Any ideas?

JG23
08-08-13, 23:23
Hi
I have just found a forum from a couple of years ago in which you started taking Pregablin for GAD and OCD. I have started this for the same reasons. Will be interested to hear how it worked out for you, were there any side effects, what was it like with alcohol (going out for a few drinks) etc?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jamie

hanshan
10-08-13, 11:52
Hello Jamie,

There is a whole section of the NMP forum devoted to pregabalin, its uses and side efects. Have you been able to access that? It would probably start to answer some of your questions, although you are always welcome to raise anything here.

AndyatStanwell
30-10-13, 14:38
Hi. I'm new to the forum. I'm suffering from GAD and have tried 3 anti-depressants which all made me feel worse. I'm trying pregablin now (75mg twice a day). It's very encouraging reading what you have to say about it, as this medication is my last hope.

Andy

SarahH
30-10-13, 16:38
Hope it works for you Andy....you may need to increase the dose, you may not. The theraputic dose varies from person to person, I am on 400mgs a day....sometimes 500mgs as for me there is almost an instant response to taking it.

Sarah

matthager
31-10-13, 02:45
Hey, brand new here.

I've been on Lexapro for years now, and my anxiety has resurfaced and has become unbearable. I pleaded with my doctor to let me try Lyrica, and she reluctantly prescribed it. I am on day 3 of 75mg twice per day, and my anxiety comes and goes in waves. For 3 hours I'm completely cured, feeling high like I'm on cocaine, talkative, outgoing, and really freaking happy. Then for an hour or two I come back down to earth and my anxiety resurfaces. Repeat.

Is this normal? Will the effects level out eventually? When it works, it WORKS, but so far it isn't constant.

Thanks! :)

SarahH
31-10-13, 10:20
Yes the "high" you are talking about is normal in the early days....but soon disappears. I would say you will need to increase the dose....the anxiety that you say resurfaces is you "real" level. You are only on day 3 so wait and see then start slowly increasing the dose until your right level..which could be as much as 400 mgs a day

Sarah

hanshan
31-10-13, 10:34
If your anxiety levels have been high for some time, then just having no anxiety can feel delirious, but this feeling doesn't last. In a while no anxiety will feel normal. Hopefully, too, levels of pregabalin will build up, so you don't have the daily roller-coaster effect. Good luck with it, and hope it works for you.

matthager
01-11-13, 05:13
Thanks for the replies!
I plan on increasing the dose weekly, as I have permission from my GP.

That's a great point about being delirious about having no anxiety, when I am feeling any anxiety, it's very awkward, because I am not feeling anxiety about anything particular, the only anxiety is from me self-monitoring my anxiety, and catching myself not feeling anxious and then becoming anxious when I realize that... It's so hard to explain!

I feel like Lyrica has cured me, but then I catch myself not being anxious, remembering my anxiety, which makes me anxious. It's like when someone tells you not to think about a word, and all you can do is think about it because you're not supposed to.

Blahhh sorry for ranting, but I just need to let out my thoughts. Thanks!

SarahH
01-11-13, 11:25
Actually I know exactly what you mean:)

hanshan
01-11-13, 13:01
Don't worry Matt, we've all been there. Hopefully, things will even out soon, especially if you can increase the dose.

nezza
04-11-13, 16:59
Hi all,

I am new and was generally browsing about pregabalin as it is called in the UK. I am diagnosed with GAD and OCI traits. I was put on 300mg a day but started to self medicate (as the tolerance grew) and I got up to 1050mg per day. I confessed to my doc and she started me on a decrease as this dosage is very dangerous.

The issue is I tried to stop at once and I was fine for a day, the next day I felt awful I.e. cold sweats, shaking, the runs, everything! I then went back onto the high dosage and once I felt better I went down to 600mg per day. I am worried as I feel anxious and am worried that I will regress.

Has any one else had similar issues?

SarahH
04-11-13, 17:21
Well I have never heard of anyone on 1050mgs a day!!!!

If you are still feeling anxious perhaps you need to go back to your GP and discuss this ..............

...anyway welcome to NMP:)

hanshan
05-11-13, 07:52
I don't know that 1000 mg per day is so terribly dangerous, but stopping cold turkey may be unpleasant, as you discovered.

If you are on 600 mg per day with your doctor's permission, then stay on that for a while until things settle.

From what I can gather from initial research reports, increasing the dose above the 400-600 mg per day range does not have much effect on anxiety, although everyone's individual response is different. If 600 mg per day is the best it will do, there is no need to regress. Good luck.

Capriel
06-09-14, 14:17
I just started taking pregablin yesterday and I got very stoned feeling also. I had more energy also. It is a very weird mixture of feelings. I have heard from others that this gets better in a few weeks. I did get nauseated, but took zofran to stop it.I am also taking many other meds.Lexapro omeprazole claritan singulair vitamin d linzees .

hanshan
06-09-14, 15:17
Hi Capriel,

The first few days on pregabalin can feel a bit strange, but it does calm down. Good luck with it!

NinjaKitty
06-09-14, 15:21
Hi I just wanted to say that my psychiatrist is interested on starting me on Pregabalin, I take currently
45mg mirtazapine at 8/9pm at night
5mg diazepam 3 times a day &
Temazepam 20mg at night before bed around 11pm (i am a pure insomniac i literally cannot sleep unmedicated or sedated)

Just to add my psychiatrist has told me that pregabalin at the lower doses is primarily for fibromyalgia (i suffer from it but it's mild) , he also instructed me that pregabalin on it's own can decrease anxiety but it is better used as a "buffer" alongside another antidepressant or anti-anxiety medication, so it may be worthwhile asking your prescribing dr (wether it's your GP or Pyschiatrist) if adding a anti depressant like mirtazapine etc to the mix may be more beneficial, I have been on mirtazapine for a year now at max dose 45mg and been on valium at varying doses for years (just now 15mg in 3 divided doses a day). Now obviously i am not a Dr and would never tell anyone to mix their medication, but I am going by my psychiatrists information that it definitly worls better alongside other medication for anxiety and/or depression. I'm due to see my psych in a few weeks and start pregabalin, It is very interesting reading everyones accounts of their relationship with this drug, after reading through the entire section devoted to this med I have came to the conclusion that pregabalin alone seems to not work to a high standard but people taking it along with other medication seem to find it works rather well (and funnily enough more than half those people are taking mirtazapine lol) :) Good Luck to all of you and I have recently posted for information too as i am new to this website and i hope to make lots of friends and get some support on my anxiety journey and hopefully help others also.

May i also add I see pregabalin seems to work well for many of you so i'm definitly less anxious and scared about trying it.... in my opinion i can only try it and if it doesn;t work i'll move on to a different route.

I hope i didn't offend anyone i was just airing my findings. good luck to you all

Kitty x

hanshan
07-09-14, 03:25
I think one reason that mirtazapine works well with pregabalin is because a lot of people with anxiety also have disturbed sleep patterns, and mirtazapine helps with that.

NinjaKitty
07-09-14, 11:03
Well i am a complete insomniac, I even find it hard to sleep properly on mirtazapine at the highest dose after a year and with temazepam and a dose of diazepam at night which seem utterly ludicrous considering what i take.
I just wish there was one generic pill that covered everything and made us feel instantly better, but,I guess that would negate the purpose of self help.

hanshan
08-09-14, 11:25
Hi Kitty,

It is a bit of a worry that you are pretty much at the maximum dose of benzodiazepines and mirtazapine and still find it hard to sleep at night. Hopefully pregabalin will help, but it's not a sleeping pill as such.

How is your blood pressure? I actually discovered that the blood pressure medication prazosin also helps stop bad dreams - it's been used by people with PTSD to stop nightmares.

NinjaKitty
08-09-14, 12:54
Hi Kitty,

It is a bit of a worry that you are pretty much at the maximum dose of benzodiazepines and mirtazapine and still find it hard to sleep at night. Hopefully pregabalin will help, but it's not a sleeping pill as such.

How is your blood pressure? I actually discovered that the blood pressure medication prazosin also helps stop bad dreams - it's been used by people with PTSD to stop nightmares.

I really should have made myself more clear, by insomniac i mean thats the term my Psychologist has givem me, my therapist is not the best and i could do with changing. My Psychiartrist on the other hand is very good, he has told me i can increase my doses of diazepam but i am reluctant to and my psychiatrist understands this, i am averaging around 6 hours a night at the moment, but when my anxiety flares i average around 2-5 hours a night, so in my opinion it isn;t my sleep that needs seeing to it is the anxiety, I will also add that when i take my night medication i am sleepy and dozy and do sleep but sometimes the anxiety creeps in creating broken sleep.

Personally i think my inability to maintain sleep is due to a really bad bedtime routine in fact i have no routine at all and everybody tells you that a good betime regime/plan is key to a good sleep, so I am now working on a bedtime plan, calming tea (i.e camomile etc before bed) a warm bath with relaxing oils such as lavander etc, no television/phone/pc/tablet etc for at least an hour before bed, i will go to bed and read ( i actualy love reading and it has a strange calming effect soi have no idea why i don't do it)

Yes i know my benzo doses are high but after many yrs (around 10) i have went from 2mg of diazepam 3 times a day to 5mg of diazepam 3 times a day (still below the max dose of 20-30mg a day for acute anxiety) yes temazepam is a high dose but max dose in UK is 30mg a night, some nights i only take 10-15mg, just depends how bad i feel.

Adding in the pregabalin is the recommendation of my psychiatrist instead of upping my benzos, and I have researched that pregabalin at higher doses helps aid benzo withdrawal (which to be honest is the route i really want to go down i hate being on benzos)

so Just to clarify I want off my valium and to decrease my sleep meds, I know pregabalin isnt a sleep med but the anxiolitic effects are what i need not the sleeping effects as when my anxiety is low i sleep perfectly fine, I really sould have made myself clearer, I am frustrated being on so many meds, I have succesfully withdrew from my benzos twice with minimal side efffects so i am not worried about being off them.

I see my Psychiatrist in a few days and will get my 1st prescription for pregabalin and i thinkonce i have got to a theraputic dose that works for me i will then gradually taper off my benzos, this time round i have been on them a year so it really is time to taper off and become benzo free.

Again Hashan thank you for all your input and concern over my medication, i am safe on it, i never take more than prescribed, i dont abuse my medication or "experiment" with it bar decreasing doses when i feel it's just too much to take at one time.

Just keeping my fingers crossed the pregabalin works for me, I really hope it does, i am quite tolerant to medication and it's side effects, only ever had one bad exerience on seroquel.

thanks again and like i sai i should have been clearer about my medication and my sleep routine.

Kitty xx

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

Also to answer your other question my BP is normally quite regular or a bit low due to having raynauds syndrome but that only affects me in the colder months, I have been on beta blockers before and unfortunately they make me dizzy and make my BP drop too low, i have been on bisoprolol for ectopic heart beats, atenalol and propranolol also, each time irritated my PVC's and dropped my bp too low, so beta blockers aren't a yes med for me.

Kitty x

keggsy
08-09-14, 19:34
Can totally relate to the comments you made about getting the anxiety sorted and then better sleep follows!

NinjaKitty
08-09-14, 21:32
Can totally relate to the comments you made about getting the anxiety sorted and then better sleep follows!

So true Keggsy, once the anxiety is less the better the sleep gets for sure, I sont care about the sleep, i can survive on a few hours and nap in the day if i have to I just want the anxiety levels to go down, I can't handle the physical symptoms of my anxiety and unfortunately i have many. If it's not a really painful knot in my tummy my arms and hands and shoulders feel like their burning the list is endless

Ktty x

keggsy
09-09-14, 19:31
Sounds a bummer!
Been a bit edgy today and a long day at work didn't help.
I struggle on only a few hours sleep but often surprise myself at I can still operate the next day after a bad night!

SmilingAlbert
10-09-14, 15:02
hi Kitty,

>>I even find it hard to sleep properly on mirtazapine at the highest dose after a year and with temazepam and a dose of diazepam at night which seem utterly ludicrous

You may know this already, but Mirtazapine is much more sedating at a LOWER dose than high. There is a complex explanation of why this is but it may be important for you to note - take a look on Google etc. on this subject.

The consensus is that Mirtazapine is most sedating at 7.5mg to 15mg. Any more than that and it may actually have an enervating/'wired' impact

Which is probably not what you want

There is quite a lot online about this subject so take a look - e.g. http://www.patient.co.uk/forums/discuss/coming-to-mirtazapine-15mg-from-fluoxetine-40mg--19973#

So - what to do? Well I get round this by having 7.5mg at night, and 23.5mg in the morning, which works fine.

It might be worth discussing this with your doctor; all the other meds you take need to be taken into consideration.

I do know that the only time I ever had 45mg in one go at night I didn't sleep a wink, while 7.5mg settles me very nicely.

As I say, please talk to your doctor before making any changes, but this idea might might be worth considering.

Albert

NinjaKitty
10-09-14, 17:36
thanks albert but to be entirely honest sleep isnt my biggest issue its my anxiety at the moment, i lost the sedative effects of mirtazapine at 15mg after a week, im quie tolerant to sedating medication and i do cope well enough on the sleep i get but my anxiety right now is the major factor, my morning/daytime anxiety is Hell, but by 8pm at night im okish, then by the time i go to bed my anxiety is very very low, so i sleep mostly for 6 hours 4 times a week and the rest is broken from 11pm-8pm, I just want the morning issues and the daytime issues under control, i am in therapy as well, have been for about 4 months and working on CBT so i am hoping that with the addition of pregabaliln i get the day time help i need along with therapy then hopefully i can wean myself off my medication, Im not med phobic really i just hate having to take pills to feel better. thank you for the iformation and i will definitly mention it to my psychiatrist (he deals with my meds i dont deal with my GP about my medication at all) and see what he say's as he is a very open and youngish psychiatrist and isn;t afraid of trying new ideas or methods to help me cope.

I'll read the link you posted and hopefully i can get soem relief soon

thanks

kitty xx

hanshan
11-09-14, 03:12
Hi Kitty,

I understand all your worries and concerns with benzodiazepines - wanting to be off them but needing them to cope. Hopefully pregabalin will be effective for the morning anxiety. Mornings were the worst time for me, particularly waking up and feeling the anxiety load up like a computer booting up. Fortunately, pregabalin has worked quite well for me for morning anxiety - I hope it can do the same for you.

maniekkrk
20-11-15, 10:05
Hi hanshan,

I've got same problem with morning anxiety. I started pregabalin (2x75mg) treatment week ago, but with still no effects. What is yours dose? How long before this med starts to work on you? Morning are the worst time for me :weep:

I'm also on Zoloft 100 (started 3 week ago) and 500mg Valporate twice a day.

hanshan
21-11-15, 11:48
Hi Maniekkrk,

Welcome to No More Panic. I hope you find help and friendship here.

I take the maximum dose of 600 mg per day, though I may look to reduce that as I have been stable for some time. If you are taking 150 mg per day, you may need to increase the dose.

As for how long pregabalin takes to start working, it varies considerably from person to person. Some people get an almost immediate benefit, others take a few weeks.

Good luck with pregabalin and your other medications. The ADs, in particular, usually take four to eight weeks to show a benefit.

opalakia
09-06-16, 14:38
I am glad it's working for those who it's working for. I am going to ask my doc for it.

Howdyhow
12-10-16, 18:09
Hello guys,

I just joined the site. I have to say that this has been a really helpful thread, and I believe we should keep it going. Currently on 150mg of Lyrica a day (75mg am and pm). I've been on this med before and its done its job at that dosage. Currently on a relapse with my GAD so I'm taking an all out attack on it with meds (seeing my Psychiatrist) and therapy.

I started a week ago in combination with Cymbalta 60mg, 1mg of Clonazepam and 25mg of quetidine before bed. Have to say that Lyrica is making me high as a kite which is annoying and interferes with my job (finance). Hopefully this side effect will subside soon.

Well good luck to everyone! It would be awesome if Keval, who started this thread, posted an update to see how he's doing.

skymaid
12-10-16, 18:59
I never got the high unfortunately. im about to go to 75mg x 2. worked within a few days for me. definitely reduces random anxiety for me even at 50mg x2

ddraig
01-12-16, 21:13
Glad I found this thread as I was about to quit taking this med.

I'm currently in horrible withdrawal from seroxat/paxil and found the studies on pregabalin.

I persuaded my GP to try it but I'm on a very low dose - 50mg a day. I had a 'euphoric' day and then my anxiety returned. That said I've only been taking it for a week and a half. Looks like I need to give it more time and quite likely increase the dose.

I'm also starting CBT with a therapist tomorrow so hopefully the combination will help!

skymaid
01-12-16, 21:17
im now on 300mg and it doesnt seem to be doing anything. going to go up to 450mg on monday. hopefully it will do something more beneficial at that dose

the cbt seems to helping more.

ddraig
01-12-16, 21:30
Seems like the dosage varies greatly for each person, I only want it to take the edge off so I can focus on the CBT - my dose definitely seems too low but the GP is just being cautious

Pete_uk
10-12-16, 20:52
I'm on Citalopram and this, I believe its 150mg a day (one in morning and one at night) BUT I am still anxious about certain people/things happening. As life goes on its getting worse I think.

ddraig
11-12-16, 15:02
I'm on Citalopram and this, I believe its 150mg a day (one in morning and one at night) BUT I am still anxious about certain people/things happening. As life goes on its getting worse I think.

I've built up from 50mg to 150mg a day over the last few weeks but I think I'll keep going until I reach approx 300mg

Everyone is different but looking at all of the studies (for generalised anxiety at least) 300 - 450mg seems to be the therapeutic dose with some requiring the maximum 600mg.

ddraig
26-12-16, 23:20
im now on 300mg and it doesnt seem to be doing anything. going to go up to 450mg on monday. hopefully it will do something more beneficial at that dose

the cbt seems to helping more.

Did 450mg do anything? I've been on 300mg for nearly a week and not much is happening :(

skymaid
28-12-16, 00:20
My gp said(and i think i found it on some medical journal/paper online) that it can take up to 4 weeks to work. I had to stay on 300mg for 4 weeks for that reason. I think 300mg helped a bit for a few days. Did it do nothing for you?

braindead
18-03-17, 17:54
Hi Keval,

Hope it helps you.

Let me know how you get on. Jo.xx my shrink started me on
150mg

cyberpunk
24-10-17, 16:24
Hi

Was started Pregabalin on Friday for knee pain from septic arthritis. Was on Tramadol and worked but have been taken off it and put on Pregabalin. Not working yet. Still in a lot of pain.:weep:

hanshan
25-10-17, 02:42
Hi Cyberpunk - Pregabalin works on some kinds of pain, I think chiefly where the nerves are affected. I hope it is suitable for your pain. If not, don't hesitate to go back to your doctor.