PDA

View Full Version : Question for people who have had Vitamin B12 Deficiency

Eggy
21-11-10, 21:49
My B12 Level is 185.

My symptoms are:-

Feeling really tired and drowsy all the time.
Feel faint and like I am going to collapse at any time.
Bad abdominal cramps/pains and bloatedness along with some pain when breathing.
Headaches.
Dizziness.
Back pain.
Eye pain.
Neck pain.
Pain in between the shoulder blades.
Other aches and pains.
Feeling sick.
Alot of itching and coming out in spots.
Diarrhoea & Constipation.
Pins & Needles
And a few other things.

Are all these problems the usual symptoms if Vitamin B12 Deficiency?

jothenurse
22-11-10, 11:57
I had a B12 in the 180's and I at that time didn't have any symptoms. I took oral B12 and it went back up fast. Mine I think was due more to irritable bowel. I don't take anything for it now. Do you have pernicous anemia? Then you usually have to take B12 injections. I know you can feel tired from it, but it all depends if you are anemic with it. Did they check your hemoglobin? A lot of your symptoms sound more like anxiety, but your other blood work would tell you that and your doctor would know.

Ayame
22-11-10, 12:28
I had B12 deficiency at one point. I was really tired all the time (but I still am now and I think it's my anxiety, not the B12). Other than that I didn't really have many other symptoms..

Quite a few of your symptoms are common to anxiety, like pins and needles, tiredness, dizziness/faint, and general aches and pains.

Eggy
22-11-10, 15:04
I had a B12 in the 180's and I at that time didn't have any symptoms. I took oral B12 and it went back up fast. Mine I think was due more to irritable bowel. I don't take anything for it now. Do you have pernicous anemia? Then you usually have to take B12 injections. I know you can feel tired from it, but it all depends if you are anemic with it. Did they check your hemoglobin? A lot of your symptoms sound more like anxiety, but your other blood work would tell you that and your doctor would know.

I don't know if I have Pernicious Anaemia, I am having B12 Injections starting this week.

Eggy
22-11-10, 15:08
I had B12 deficiency at one point. I was really tired all the time (but I still am now and I think it's my anxiety, not the B12). Other than that I didn't really have many other symptoms..

Quite a few of your symptoms are common to anxiety, like pins and needles, tiredness, dizziness/faint, and general aches and pains.

Thanks,

Well i am itching like mad lately especially in my legs and have came out with these weird spots and they get scabby and then hurt.

I think my abdominal pain is concerning me a lot now due to the fact that it's hurting a lot more and is hurting in my upper and lower abdomen now and spreading to my sides and lower back.

My hands and fingers are very tingly today too.

Katie6
22-11-10, 15:18
Hello,
I have vit b12 deficiancy and i am on monthly injections, most of your symptoms don't sound related to vit b12 deficiancy, more like anxiety, i got very dizzy and breathless, and thsi slightly improved after my injections, and some people can get tingling but it would usually be people with a much lower level than years and as that is also a symptom of anxiety, i would think that it is more likely to be caused by anxiety. but the only way to know for sure whether the symptoms are caused by the b12 is see how you feel after your injection, they are very quick to work as it is direct into your blood stream.
Your level is only considered border line low for treatment, so it is unlikely it would be causing you too many symptoms.

Eggy
22-11-10, 15:28
Hello,
I have vit b12 deficiancy and i am on monthly injections, most of your symptoms don't sound related to vit b12 deficiancy, more like anxiety, i got very dizzy and breathless, and thsi slightly improved after my injections, and some people can get tingling but it would usually be people with a much lower level than years and as that is also a symptom of anxiety, i would think that it is more likely to be caused by anxiety. but the only way to know for sure whether the symptoms are caused by the b12 is see how you feel after your injection, they are very quick to work as it is direct into your blood stream.
Your level is only considered border line low for treatment, so it is unlikely it would be causing you too many symptoms.

What i don't get is the fact that i have been on Cipralex for 10 weeks or so now and my symptoms continue to get worse not better, I even take vitamin and fish oil pills now as well but nothing works.

Eggy
23-11-10, 19:16
Anyone know how long it takes to kick in? Was surprised when I went to the doctors today they have me a jab and said I have to have another one this week, 3 next week and 2 the week after that.

Katie6
23-11-10, 19:48
When i very first started my injections, i had them every other day for the first 2 weeks, i noticed a bit of a difference very quickly, by the evening of my 2nd injection, i lost my overwhelming exhaustion, lost the breathlessness and my dizzyness eased slightly, As far as i am aware most people that have symptoms caused by low b12 notice an improvement quickly with injections, some people i know have even said they have noticed an improvement on the same day.
xx

Eggy
25-11-10, 18:37
I haven't noticed much difference so far but i'm not sure i would after just 1 injection? I have another one tomorrow.

Anxious_gal
25-11-10, 23:13
from what I have heard , it takes a few injections before you notice any results.

Kerry B
25-11-10, 23:59
Hi I used to have Vitamin B12 Injections every month cause I have crohns diease and the only thing was I felt very tired and drained and did feel the difference after having the Injection i felt more alive again and my body certainly knew when I need my next Injection. I felt the effects pretty much straight after the Injection as the injection was injected in my arm muscle.

Eggy
26-11-10, 18:54
from what I have heard , it takes a few injections before you notice any results.

I have had 2 now, Not noticed anything yet!

Eggy
26-11-10, 18:55
Hi I used to have Vitamin B12 Injections every month cause I have crohns diease and the only thing was I felt very tired and drained and did feel the difference after having the Injection i felt more alive again and my body certainly knew when I need my next Injection. I felt the effects pretty much straight after the Injection as the injection was injected in my arm muscle.

The only very slight affect i feel is a very tiny increase in energy, Apart from that nothing :(

Anxious_gal
26-11-10, 19:24
this will keep you busy :winks:
it's 90 posts all about b12 injections :)
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=636641

I really hope you feel better, I know you've not been well x