PDA

View Full Version : The Gillian McKeith Fiasco

ann88
21-11-10, 22:39
I wasn't really sure where to post this, but I just wondered if anybody has been watching I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here the last few days, and seen Gillian McKeith with her phobic reactions to anything and everything in the jungle? She has fainted (or has she?) on several occasions now, which is odd to me as I know it is extremely rare for people to actaully faint due to panic/anxiety (although not impossible).

Just interested what people's thoughts are on the whole thing, is she REALLY that anxious or is it all a bit of an act? Or maybe I'm the only one that watches it...

vicky23
21-11-10, 22:43
it's funny I'm just posting on facebook my thoughts I very much agree with you!!
I think Bob's labelling her 'episodes' as 'anxiety attacks' is way off the mark because she doesn't seem to show any OTHER symptoms of anxiety other than just literally falling to the floor no hyperventilation before hand?
It's so unhelpful for people who do suffer panic attacks and have a phobia of fainting they're going to be like 'oh no if I expose myself to my fears I'll pass out like Gillian'

Smile :)
21-11-10, 22:44
Hiya, I've been watching it too. I think she probably has a real phobia but I think if it was actualy bad enough that she faint's she wouldn't have even gone in there! Someone said that the first time she fainted they seen he pull her top down so I don't think the fainting's real

paula lynne
21-11-10, 22:45
There is no way that woman is having panic attacks. Hope she does one day though, and it will teach her a lesson about bandying the term around like its a joke.

Secondly, considering shes so healthy living on mung beans and watercress etc, she looks extreamly ill to me.

She wont quit though, she needs the money, as she hasnt been signed for a new series....

Im feeling evil tonight..............gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D

JaneC
21-11-10, 22:47
She looks awful. And if she has all these phobias ... why did she go on the show. Not sure if she or Cher Lloyd should get the award for most ludicrous histrionics of the evening.

Nigel
21-11-10, 22:50
Hi Ann,

Not been watching it myself but I have noticed this (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=85165) and this (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=84987).

Seems like lots of people are thinking the same as you :winks:

Anxious_gal
21-11-10, 22:51
people who have a little hissy fit or get upset, call it a panic attack which makes the real suffers look bad. I've seen too many women get upset , cry and claim they just had a panic attack .
really gets my goat lol!

baileys
21-11-10, 22:52
She does look bad, shes only fifty, i thought she was a lot older. I think i will stick to my junk food.

ann88
21-11-10, 22:53
I totally agree with all of you. The first time I saw her 'faint' she was still slapping away the insects from her arm... surely if you had actually fainted you wouldn't be aware of anything crawling on your arm? And as you said Vicky, it will only make people who genuinely do have panic attacks be worried about facing their fears in case they faint! The most ridiculously irritating woman I have ever seen.

paula lynne
21-11-10, 22:53
wheres the chips!!!!!!!!!!!

miss_moose
21-11-10, 23:39
Gilliant has been so funny, her screaming at a drop of water falling on her is just hilarious, and when she got on her knees to crawl accross the bridge today because there was a spider on there, i was in hysterics.

I hate to say she's faking the fainting, and ive never fainted myself but her "fainting episodes" are just making a mockery out of panic attacks.
When ever anyone else has fainted or had a panic on the show it's been a big drama, but the whole Gillian panic thing is just making a mockery out of anxiety/mental health, this will be alot of peoples first insight into what panic attacks are if they havent experienced them themselves, and it's just laughable, i hope this doesnt make people think panic attacks are just trivial.

Although when i freak out in future i might refer to myself as "Doing a Gillian":roflmao:

She is stupid though, even if she'd never seen I'm a celeb before (which i don't believe), you know theres snakes and spiders (and water!) in the Rainforest, that would be like me going on a reality show set in a crowded shopping centre and claiming i didnt know it would have people in it!:doh:

weeble40
22-11-10, 00:08
wow this has opened a whole new kettle of worms,

i even posted on celeb site asking em to join NMP for advice, on her stupid panics, never seen anything so daft in my life, who ever needed oxygen for panics, isnt it opposite?????

Emms xxxx

weeble40
22-11-10, 00:12
thinks we should all be invited over to the jungle, to show the drama queen how to do it properly,

miss_moose
22-11-10, 00:32
i cant go, i'll pass out if i see a leaf!:roflmao:

weeble40
22-11-10, 00:37
dont have a gillian on me, ill have to give you oxygen

maybe thats her problem, she loves the smell of fresh plastic, shes got fetishes not anxciety

[a leaf falls in front of one of the worker ants in the food line]
Worker Ant #1: I'm lost! Where's the line? It just went away. What do I do? What do I do?
Worker Ant #2: Help!
Worker Ant #3: We'll be stuck here forever!
Mr. Soil (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001522/): Do not panic, do not panic. We are trained professionals. Now, stay calm. We are going around the leaf.
Worker Ant #1: Around the leaf. I-I-I don't think we can do that.
Mr. Soil (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001522/): Oh, nonsense. This is nothing compared to the twig of '93

miss_moose
22-11-10, 00:45
I had to laugh after she'd "fainted" and Ant said she was off screen getting the "attention" she needs, i'm sure thats why she did it!:whistles: