PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get the shivers before a BM?

countrygirl
22-11-10, 08:42
I know this is normal to a degree in that you can get a feeling of intense shivers down spine when you fee you ned to have a bowel movement but I am getting this intensely in the build up to a bm.

I am due back at Dr week wed for results of stool sample - blood tests and occult blood stool samples as I have IBS ( clear colonsocopy 2 yrs ago) and about a week ago I suddenly had days where I would go to loo about 10 times a day and lots of gripy tummy ache etc and dr wanted to rule out a bug or parasite.

I know that I get the shivers if I am nervous like when someone tells a horrible story or I am watching something sad on TV but haven't had the bm shivers for a very long time and now they are back before every BM.

I am still having good days and bad days with the needing the loo - had three good days where only went 2-3 times but then yesterday I went 6 times in 2 hrs!

eva82
23-11-10, 04:46
I have IBS also, and I would get the exact same thing. Sometimes before or during a BM...it lasted for a few weeks and then just went away. I didn't feel extra anxious during that time either. It's so weird how these strange symptoms just come and go!