PDA

View Full Version : Don't think the mirtz is for me

Gaz
22-11-10, 12:14
Hi again,

things improved slightly over the weekend with better sleep then 'bang' last night was horrendous with possibly 2-4 hours sleep,I'm even more anxious now about anything,impending doom and failure is back in my mind.Stupid thoughts of I'm a crap dad to my 4 kids because I can't function properly.So down,rang Doc's and they're gonna ring me back after 12 today.Had such a good run on these and now it seems they're not working:lac:
Started off on 30mg for about 4 weeks,told doc I was still having trouble sleeping and he upped them to 45mg been on those for last two months.

I keep reading that the lower doses are more sedating where as my gp has the opposite view?

ElizabethJane
22-11-10, 16:37
Gary sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. Mirtazapine is definitely more sedating in the lower doses. Your GP might add something in addition to the mirt to help with your sleeping and mood? Are you seeing a psychiatrist? He/she might be better at helping you at the moment? Drugs are never the whole answer and I think somewhere you were talking about CBT. At least talk to someone? You are not a bad Dad and those feelings of failure are the depression talking. Take care EJ.

Gaz
22-11-10, 17:11
Hi EJ
I know its the depression talking but its so hard to switch off from it.The doc
rang me back and said they cant do much about the lack of sleep :blush: but he's booked me in for an appointment on Wednesday afternoon.I'll press him more about the mirtz being more sedating in the lower doses.

Regards Gary

ElizabethJane
22-11-10, 17:46
Would he prescribe some low dose sleeping tablets just to get you through this bad patch? I know that they are highly addictive but I am allowed some 3.75mg zopiclone. At least I am able to get off to sleep and stop all that dreadful ruminating. EJ.

Gaz
22-11-10, 20:34
I have got some zopiclone left over from before they're the same as yours EJ 3.75mg.They work for you then on the odd occassion you use them?

ElizabethJane
22-11-10, 20:44
I use the 3.75mg with the mirt 45mg and they enable me to get off to sleep and then have a reasonable nights sleep. They do make me feel slightly hungover but in a pleasant way. I very rarely use them but on the odd occasion I do. EJ.

Gaz
29-11-10, 22:25
I went to the doctors and on the advice of me,he's put me down to 30mg :wacko:
Do I need to change docs? I told him that i'd read and heard on various forums that the lower doseage of mirtz is more sedating,he said it was the opposite.I then said that alot of peeps say that its harder too sleep on the higher dosage and that they get to sleep better on the lower dosage.His reply was its news to him but we'll give it a try?:shrug:I came out thinking who's the doctor,me or him ?:wacko: He wanted to change my meds but I declined as he thought I seemed better than when I was on the phone the other day.

I'm still getting anxiety but its getting easier by the day and not lasting as long.Did anyone have any effects coming down the mirtz?

I've got on top off my sleep by signing up to 'yan sleeptracks' and tbh its worked wonders plus its quite educating on the human sleep cycle,highly recomended to any insomniacs on here.

Onwards and Upwards :yesyes:

Gary