PDA

View Full Version : Feel like my heart will stop

junie7
22-11-10, 14:22
I've been anxiety free for nearly six months but it's coming back again and is as scary as ever!
I sometimes feel a fluttering in my chest/neck and then my heart beats rapidly for a minute or I sometimes get this weird sensation in my throat which feels like my heart just stopped, this is what is worrying me now, I'm afraid I will just stop breathing!
I've got all the other symptoms I had before but this is what scares me the most and I can't help thinking in my paranoia that I have a heart problem and it is not anxieity at all.
Can anyone reassure me please.

Thanks,

Junie

Kelly326
22-11-10, 16:48
I have the same thing, I have the flutters and sometimes I feel the twitch in my neck. I too feel sometimes that my heart will just stop. Im so used to feeling it beat that when I don't feel it beating I get scared it's slowing down and its just gonna stop. I have had 2 holter moniters in 5 years, ive had 2 ultrasounds of the heart and all that showed up was an ocassional extra beat. I have forgotten about my flutters when my mind is on something else and I haven't felt them. I have been thinking about dying and they have come back. It is the power of anxiety!! :wacko:

junie7
24-11-10, 10:00
Hi Kelly thanks for your reply.

It's amazing how negative you feel about your health and life in general when the anxiety is there!

I've been watching what I eat and drink over the last few days and I've cut out stimulants and it has helped.

Junie